Prince, whose full name is Prince Rogers Nelson, was unresponsive to an elevator in Paisley Park, his residential and recording studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota. The cause of death was an accidental overdose of the opioid fentanyl, according to the Midwest Medical Examiner office. He was 57.
The Carver County press release says Metz will "articulate the legal status of these matters," but will not ask questions on Thursday, almost two years after the death of the star.
Federal prosecutors and the fight against drugs The administration has launched an investigation into how Prince received the prescription drug, according to the authorities.
According to court documents, which were unlocked in April 201
7, he was not prescribed medication at Prince's house. Some Bottles of Opioid Painkillers At home, his former drummer and longtime friend Kirk Johnson was prescribed, and other medications were found in vitamin bottles and envelopes that showed search warrants.
The famous recording artist and larger-than-life character had a complicated history with opioids, the addictive painkillers. The day before his death, his team had called a California opioid addiction specialist who was in desperate need of help, a lawyer who worked for the specialist, and his son said in 2016.