Which competing teams will upgrade their rosters and make a deal before the close of trading next Tuesday?
The close of MLB's trading is now less than a week away, and the race for the 31st Determination Period without Waiver continues.
During the second half of the season, Big Bat continues or consolidates its starting rotation for a playoff run making calls around the league.
The Orioles were previously the most active, trading all-star shortstop Manny Machado to the Dodgers and sending closer Zach Britton to the Yankees for three potential prospects:
Teams attach importance to starting the pitch, knowing that a dominant rotation can lead to a postseason success.
The Yankees and Cubs were the big winners on Thursday and came away with YES from Happ and Cole Hamels
Here are the latest news and rumors from across the league:
• The Phillies have Infield Asdrubal Cabrera of the Mets in exchange for minor league RHP Franklyn Kilome (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic )
• The Diamondbacks are "close to acquiring" twins Infielder Eduardo Escobar. (Ken Rosenthal and Dan Hayes, The Athletic )
• The Mets hold trade talks with the Brewers over RHP Zack Wheeler and Infielder Asdrubal Cabrera, but there is "no indication that the deal is near." The Diamondbacks are also interested in Cabrera. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic )
• Cole Hamels was sold to the Cubs by the Rangers. Texas got RHP Eddie Butler, minor league RHP Rollie Lacy and a player to be named later, while Chicago was also given cash consideration in the deal. ( Chicago Cubs )
• The Brewers are interested in pitcher Matt Harvey and are in trade talks with the Reds (Jon Morosi, MLB Network )
• Lefthanded Pitcher Jonny Venters was traded by the Rays to the Braves in exchange for an international signing slot. ( Tampa Bay Rays )
• The Rangers have reportedly sold the Thrower Hamels to the Cubs until a physical examination was due. Texas gets smaller leaguers in exchange for the Southpaw and send "a significant amount of cash to cover Hamel's salary." (Jeff Passan, Yahoo Sports )
• The pirates are keen to acquire rangers closer to Keone Kela. The Rangers carried out background work on four of Pittsburgh's prospects, but do not take them into account in current trade talks. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic )
• The Blue Jays traded the launcher J.A. Happ to the Yankees in exchange for infielder Brandon Drury and minor league outfielder Billy McKinney. ( Toronto Blue Jays )
• The Cardinals traded right-hander Sam Tuivailala for minor league reliever Seth Elledge against the Mariners. (Greg Johns, MLB.com )
• The Mets are interested in trading Infielder Asdrubal Cabrera. The Diamondbacks, Brewers, Phillies and Braves are all on the market. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network )