Get the latest news, news and rumors during the MLB offseason.
Three weeks before jugs and catchers report for spring training, there are still over 100 free agents yet to sign contracts, including two of the biggest names in the offseason.
With the hot oven on Bryce Harper and Manny waiting for Machado to select their teams and sign contracts, the market has come to a virtual standstill as the teams refuse to offer established players huge dollar amounts.
Harper and Machado were expected to complete monster deals, but there was little news for weeks on this frontline substance. The most sought-after assistant on the free-agent market ̵
Here are the latest transactions and rumors around baseball :
• Helper Greg Holland approved a one-year contract worth less than $ 5 million with Diamondbacks, which includes significant performance bonuses. (Jeff Passan, ESPN.com )
• The New York Yankees still have not made a formal offer to Machado or his agent Dan Lozano. (Wallace Matthews, New York Daily News )
• The Padres, who have Machado in mind, are also considering third baseman Mike Moustakas. (Jon Heyman, FanCred / MLB Network )
• The Reds also show interest in the catcher J.T. Realmuto, but do not pay too much to get him into a trade. (C. Trent Rosecrans, The Athletic )
• The Miami Marlins signed infielder Neil Walker to a one-year contract. Walker will earn $ 2 million. Official )
• The Arizona Diamondbacks extends Torey Lovullo's deal with the D-Backs by two years, which will keep him on the team during the 2021 season. ( Team Announcement )