قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Mom almost died after a piece of tampon in her triggered the toxic shock syndrome

Mom almost died after a piece of tampon in her triggered the toxic shock syndrome



A two-headed mother has revealed how she almost died after a small piece of tampon was triggered in her toxic shock syndrome.

Amanda Stanley, 37, a mother-of-two who used tampons, suffered heavy bleeding for about a week, woke up earlier this month with flu-like symptoms, and made an appointment to see a doctor. But only two days later, the 37-year-old from Massachusetts said she discovered the cause of her suffering.

The lining of a new tampon (Image: Collect / PA Real Life)

She said: & # 39; I went to the bathroom, where I saw the toilet paper in my hand and realized that there was something there.

I picked it up, stretched it out, and realized it was a piece of gauze. I realized it was a bit like a tampon. I went back to my bed, looked at a clean tampon in my purse and realized that it was the lining that held the cotton together. It must have stopped and got stuck. I had no idea how long it had been there. PB39X2 Minster on sea, Kent, UK, July 26, 2018. Air Ambulance landed at Shingle Bank, Minster by the sea in Kent, a person was carried on a stretcher off the beach Credit: James.

  Alamy Live News Bell / Alamy Live News This is an Alamy Live News image and may not be part of your current Alamy deal. If you are not sure, please contact our sales team for a look. A young girl was born on the beach in Kent

Amanda was diagnosed with a toxic shock syndrome in the body and released harmful toxins that could be fatal after a medical examination.

She said, "I was fine the day before and had the day traveling with my two children, but when I woke up this Friday I had to call her father and ask him to come and pick her up because I knew I was too sick to look after her to fit.

& # 39; I also called my obstetrician / gynecologist and explained that something was wrong and I had to come in, book an appointment for 3pm.

Amanda Stanley, 37, had been using tampons for one week to stop heavy bleeding (Image: PA Real Life) [19659006] For the rest of the day I huddled on the couch, wrapped in layers and wrapped in the blanket, when I was so cold. At around 2:00 pm, Amanda called her mother, who did not want to be named, and asked her to take her to the appointment because she was too sick to drive.

Arrival At her appointment, Amanda was checked and the doctors were hired noted that her temperature was 40 ° C – well above the recommended 37 ° C. "

" I started to get scared, "she said." I had never heard of an adult, I was pretty sure something was seriously wrong and started thinking about my children and what they would do if something happened to me. "

To the casualty and emergency room at the Beverly Hospital in Massachusetts Physicians performed blood tests in hopes of being discovered what was wrong.

After Amanda showed her tampon to her doctor, she was diagnosed with toxic shock syndrome – a condition caused by bacteria entering the body and becoming harmful Toxins (Photo: PA Real Life)

Amanda continued, "Initial blood tests only indicated that my white blood cells were a bit low, and the doctors thought I might be suffering from Lyme disease – an infectious disease caused by one of Former city council fires Twitter series after insulting the woman

With a wait of 24 hours before the first test results came back and 48 hours for the full result , Amanda got medication to lower her temperature.

But when her blood tests showed she was fighting a streptococcal infection, the doctors remained confused, it came from

Amanda explained, "They were worried about what it was and whether there was any potential for an outbreak wondering if I would be a drug user if it came by sharing needles or something.

& # 39; I was glad they knew what the bacteria were, but we still did not know how it was in my was blood circulation. "

With a diagnosis, Amanda could receive antibiotics to stop the spread of the infection and the next day she was discharged from hospital (Picture: PA Real Life)

Later, when Amanda found the tampon that got stuck in her, the source became clear.

She said, "I feel really happy, lucky enough to get to the hospital in time, when my doctor told me that I would be in intensive care twelve hours later and if I had waited 24 hours I would be [19659003] & # 39; I was really lucky that I also discovered the piece of tampon since it meant I could be diagnosed and treated quickly. & # 39;

With a diagnosis, Amanda was given antibiotics In order to stop the spread of tampons infection and the next day she was discharged from the hospital.

Amanda developed a "sunburn" rash all over her body (Photo: PA Real Life)

said, "I am from the hospital and feel great. I am so thankful that I was treated on time. I knew about toxic shock because I had read the symptoms on the box, but it was one of those things that I thought would never happen to me. I always remove my tampons on time and I am very hygienic.

& # 39; Now I know it can happen to anyone. I've never thought about the possibility that a small piece of tampon is still there. I had two gynecological exams and no one noticed because it was so small.

"Now I want other people to know about the symptoms, because the sooner you get treated, the better, but I'll never use tampons again – I do not think they're worth the risk. & # 39;

if (typeof (fbApi) === & # 39; undefined & # 39;) { fbApi = {}; } fbApi = (function () {

var fbApiInit = false; var warningReady = [];

var notifyQ = function () { var i = 0, l = waitReady.length; for (i = 0; i <l; i ++) { Waiting for [i] (); } };

var ready = function (cb) { if (fbApiInit) { cb (); otherwise { warningReady.push (cb); } };

window.fbAsyncInit = function () { FB.init ({ appId: & # 39; 176908729004638 & # 39 ;, xfbml: right, Version: & # 39; v2.10 & # 39; });

fbApiInit = true; notifyQ (); };

Return {return / ** * Fires the callback when the FB is initialized and ready for api calls. * / & # 39; done, done };

}) ();

(Function {) { Function injectFBSDK () { var d = document, s = & # 39; script & # 39 ;, id = & # 39; facebook-jssdk & # 39 ;; var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName (s) [0]; if (d.getElementById (id)) { Return; } js = d.createElement (s); js.id = id; js.src = "http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore (js, fjs); window.removeEventListener (& # 39; metro: scroll & # 39 ;, injectFBSDK); window.removeEventListener (& # 39; load & # 39 ;, injectFBSDK); }

if (& 39; object & # 39; === typeof metro && & nbsp; article & nbsp; === metro.pageData.type) { window.addEventListener (& # 39; metro: scroll & # 39 ;, injectFBSDK); otherwise { window.addEventListener (& # 39; load & # 39 ;, injectFBSDK); } }) ();


Source link