قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Mom warns others after the boy has swallowed 13 magnets from the popular children's toy. "You feel that you have failed your child"

Mom warns others after the boy has swallowed 13 magnets from the popular children's toy. "You feel that you have failed your child"



WAUWATOSA – A child was operated after swallowing the magnets of a popular toy. In a public article that has been published more than 150,000 times on social media, the boy's mother says her son had removed part of his colon and gut after taking out 1

3 tiny magnets from the toy.

In a telephone interview with FOX6 News, Jennifer White told us about the incident that started it all.

"We noticed on Christmas Eve that he was not feeling well," said White.

The mother wrote on Facebook that she feels "guilty" and "terrible", but she does not want another kid to go through it.

"The mother's guilt is huge because you feel that you have failed your child," White said.

She wrote that her son was operated on at the Wisconsin Children's Hospital Wauwatosa this week after telling that he has broken a magnetic component toy. The Children's Hospital confirms that she treats her son for using magnets.

According to a now-viral Facebook post, he swallowed 13 tiny magnets and the operation consisted in removing a portion of her son's bowel, bowel and appendix said the magnets created holes and an infection in his gut. He is monitored for an infection and is still considered high risk.

"The magnets seem to be stacked on top of each other," White said.

Mother has also posted a photo that looks like toys. She wrote that they are "dangerous" for parents with children who are "cheaters". She thinks dogs could break her too.

The dangers of magnetic toys are something that the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has warned paediatricians. If the magnets are swallowed, they can contract with enough force to cause serious and life-threatening damage to the digestive system.

"I do not want another mother or father to go through that, it was such a simple toy," White said.

For reasons of patient confidentiality, the Children's Hospital can not post a child health update, but its mother's pleading for prayer requests is flooded with support – she gains 160,000 shares and counts.

Symptoms of Ingesting the objects includes abdominal pain, vomiting and fever. Health officials say it's important for parents to be aware of the internal damage these magnets can cause.


Source link