Watch the remarks of President Donald Trump in Granite City, Ill., Above. For more information on Trump's trip to Illinois, see the Chicago Tribune newsletter (Morning Spin):
Welcome to Clout Street: Morning Spin, our weekday feature, to elucidate Chicago's politics and politics Springfield.
President Donald Trump will visit a US steel plant in Granite City, St. Louis on Thursday to thank for his reopening after his increased import tariffs.
Gov. Bruce Rauner will not be there this week when he turned up in Granite City a week ago to protest against legislation that would have required the city's mayor to be appointed a local flood protection agency. The governor arrived this month with Vice President Mike Pence and embraced the White House, though he'd spent most of his term naming Trump's name.
Democratic challenger JB Pritzker accused Rauner on Wednesday of avoiding Trump during his visit Governor seems to want to play both sides of the problem. "
But Trump is supported by US Rep. Mike Bost, a Murphysboro Republican arrested in a competitive re-election against Democrat Brendan Kelly, the St. Clair Attorney.
" I'm looking forward to it To visit @POTUS in Granite City to celebrate the return of 800 steel jobs " Bost tweeted ." Pres. (Ronald) Reagan came to our edge of the forest 30 years ago and we still talk about it in S. Illinois. I feel that people will come back from this visit in 30 years. "
In a statement about Trump's visit, Kelly does not name the president, as Trump eventually won many districts in southern Illinois that comprise the 12th congressional district where Kelly represents Bost.
" Our country is currently deep But we should all agree that there are steel workers in Granite City going back to work, "Kelly said in a statement," It's right to confront China's fraud on steel, but separate trade policies like Fast Track, Supporting Mike Bost has done a lot of damage in southern Illinois. "
Trump, meanwhile, appeared with European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker's White House on Wednesday when the president said," We're going to be the steel and Solve aluminum tariff problems and we will redeem retaliatory tariffs. " ( Monique Garcia )
Bruce Rauner will tour companies in Itasca and Machesney Park, and he will trade on tax credit legislation in Peoria.
* Republican US Representative Peter Roskam and Democratic Challenger Sean Casten Debate on Fox 32 at 10 O'clock It will be streamed live on the sender's website and the Facebook page at 6 pm  From the Notebook
* Electoral Security: The entire US House of Representatives has requested federal officials to provide information about electoral security, as the state was a "major target" of Russian hackers in the 2016 elections. Read more here
* Emanuel does not engage Wilson: Mayor Emanuel resolutely refused on Wednesday to focus on Mayor Willie Wilson's weekend, where he distributed thousands of dollars in cash to the people South Side Church
Asked about Sunday at the New Covenant Missionary Baptist Church, where the Wilson campaign said he spent nearly $ 40,000 in cash to help people with various expenses, Emanuel made a joke first: "(My wife) Amy says," Why do not you make this home? "
But then he retired from the controversy:" You do not need me to comment, because a picture says more than a thousand words Himself. "
On Wednesday, Ald. Ed Burke, 14 th introduced a resolution at the City Council meeting calling on the Cook County Procuratorate and the US Attorney to investigate whether the Missing money against election laws that prohibit the purchase of votes. The resolution repeatedly mentions that Governor Rauner was present at Wilson and that the governor contributed money to a fund that Wilson founded to help people pay their property taxes.
Rauner said Monday that he had Wilson, a friend of his, $ 100,000 last year and another $ 100,000 "in the last month or two" to help the struggling families pay their property taxes, but Wilson's Money in the church has not been approved. Democratic challenger JB Pritzker said Wednesday that Rauner "obviously banded with people who distribute money into churches". ( John Byrne Monique Garcia )
* Since Fundraiser: Legendary former head coach Mike Ditka conducts a charity event for a Republican State House candidate in Chicago northwestern suburbs.
Ditka helps Jillian Rose Bernas with an e-mail alert from the Chicago Young Republicans on a fundraiser on August 9. It runs against Democratic Republican MP Michelle Mussman of Schaumburg.
Bernas is a librarian for the Schaumburg Township District Fiduciary and previously worked on the website of the US Embassy in Chile.
Ditka wondered if he should go into the political fight Candidate of the US Senate in the 2004 election campaign, but ultimately not
* Puerto Rican trip: Democratic US Representative Luis Gutierrez from Chicago and Matteson's Robin Kelly will be delegated to Puerto Rico by House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi. The Journey Begins on Thursday
What We Write
* Ida B. Wells gets her street – The City Council approves the renaming of Congress in her honor
* Lawyers The video shows that the man had no pistol when a Chicago cop shot him dead last month.