قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Mother warns of the danger of magnetic toys after the emergency operation of the son

Mother warns of the danger of magnetic toys after the emergency operation of the son



photo via Fox 6 News Milwaukee

Popular magnetic toys pose very real, very serious dangers.

A viral post from a mother is now making headlines, warning parents of the dangers of magnetic toys. After mistakenly taking 13 magnets from a single toy, her son had to undergo emergency surgery to remove part of his bowel and colon.

Jennifer White, a Wisconsin native, initially suffered the terrible ordeal of her four-year-old son, Beck, in a Facebook post.

"We're going to the Children's Hospital in Milwaukee," she writes. "Beck and Mom take an ambulance and Daddy meets us there."

image via Facebook / Jennifer White

Obviously, White's son opened the magnet toy and picked up 13 little magnets. "I feel guilty and terrible to publish this, but I do not want another kid to go through it," she says. "If you have small children or cheese, they are dangerous and we remove them from home. Dogs could break this too.

After she fell ill and vomited, White and her husband rushed to a hospital where he underwent surgery to remove part of his colon, bowel, and appendix. According to FOX 6 News, the magnets caused holes and infection in his gut. White said in recent posts that her son is still resting in the hospital trying to heal from the infection.

The dangers of magnetic toys are the Children's Academy of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). If the magnets are swallowed, they can contract with enough force to cause serious and life-threatening damage to the digestive system.

White tells FOX 6 News that she does not want other parents to go through what she and her family have to endure, so she publicly shared her story. As someone who had just bought magnetic Picasso tiles for my three year old at Christmas and had no idea of ​​all this, I personally am very grateful that she told this story.

"It was such a simple toy," says White. "We made sure he was old enough, the age on the box, I chewed it myself. It sounds crazy, but I have children with special needs, and sometimes you have to do a little more and I've done these things to make sure … If you have them at home, make sure you know when to deal with them played, do not let the kids have them alone.

Accidental ingestion may cause symptoms of abdominal pain, vomiting, and fever.


Source link