Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho left his press conference after beating Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 on Monday to demand more respect from the media for the three English Premier League titles he has won in his career. "Who knows "What does that mean?" asked Mourinho, visibly upset and holding up three fingers in a manner that can be interpreted as an obscene gesture in England, rhetorically a journalist. "Three to zero, but it also means three Premiership games, and I've won more Premiership alone than the other 1
"Three for me and two for them," he added as he got up and left the podium. The defeat left Manchester United, last season's runner-up, to fall back to 13th place after three rounds of play.
City is headed by Pep Guardiola. Manuel Pellegrini, who won City's title in 2014, is now the manager of West Ham United. Mourinho won with Chelsea in 2005, 2006 and 2015, the Premier League and brought with Porto (2004) and Inter Milan (2010) the Champions League crown.
Only in the last decade has there been a tiring trademark for Mourinho. He has only played two years at Inter, three at Real Madrid and two at Chelsea, and now he wants to leave United when he and the board get sick this season.
Oh, and another trademark has distracted bad results in surly fashion. Among the jewels after the game:
"The best team."
"No, I did not applaud the Tottenham players."
"I think if you do what I did before the game, what was If I look at the news and look at Myanmar, I think it's a tough time."
Since Mourinho's job in Old Trafford encounters a boiling point, one expects that his reactions only get better.
<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = " Doug McIntyre covers Follow it on Twitter @ByDougMcIntyre . "data-reactid =" 34 "> Doug McIntyre includes football for Yahoo Sports. Follow him on Twitter @ByDougMcIntyre .
<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = " More Football at Yahoo Sports:
• McIntyre: Clock tails at Mourinho after United embarrassment
• Own goal by USMNT's Yedlin helps Chelsea beat Newcastle
• Watch: Man City at the Wolves thanks to the obvious handball goal
• USMNT defender Brooks scores hits in Wolfsburg's Bundesliga prelude "data-reactid =" 35 "> More Football on Yahoo Sports:
• McIntyre: Clock Mourinho after United embarrassment
• Own goal of USMNT's Yedlin helps Chelsea to win against Newcastle
• Watch: Man City at Wolves thanks to blatant handball goal
• USMNT defender Brooks scores at the Wolfsburg Bundesliga prelude