Apple has released the public version of iOS 12.2, which includes the company's brand new Apple News + subscription service for magazines. The update, which is available for all eligible iPhone, iPads and iPod touch, includes many new features, features and enhancements.
Of course, iOS 12.2 is a major update and probably the last big update before that, iOS 13 will be released in the beta version later this year. Take a look at our hands-on video tutorial, and we'll walk you step-by-step through all the changes and innovations in iOS 12.2.
Synology RT2600ac: The AirPort Extreme replacement.
New features in iOS 12.2
Now iOS 12.2 is finally available After the beta release, we have an official list of changes made by Apple that are included in the final public release. These updates include the above-mentioned Apple News + service, as well as changes to Siri, the integration of Apple TV remote control, Apple Music, and more.
For example, there are new Safari enhancements that will help you find what you want They search. Look for search suggestions and enhancements to AirPlay that allow quick and easy control of your Apple TV from the lock screen or control center. There are even four new Animoji characters for those who use devices with the TrueDepth camera, such as the new iPad Pro, iPhone XR and iPhone XS.
In this post and in this video, we'll go through all the important new changes so you can understand what's new.
Video walkthrough of new features in iOS 12.2
Subscribe to 9to5Mac on YouTube for more videos
Apple News +
- Apple News + is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers.
- Handpicked top articles and magazine issues and personalized recommendations on the topics that are of interest to you.
- Automatic downloads for magazines for offline reading.
- Available in Canada. The free version includes hand-picked top stories, a personalized Today feed and support for English and French.
- Available in the US and Canada. Dozens of other Canadian magazines.
- Free 1-month trial, $ 9.99 per month.
- Four new Animoji characters, including a giraffe, a shark, an owl and a warthog.
- Support for new AirPods of the second generation.
- The Browse tab makes it easy to find new music and playlists by viewing more editorial highlights on a single page.
- Control Center and lock screen now have dedicated controls for quick access to the TV.
- AirPlay Multitasking – Browse other apps and play other short audio and audio formats from video files locally on your device without interrupting AirPlay.
- AirPlay targets are now grouped by content type, which speeds up locating a target device.
- Apple Pay Cash customers can now transfer money to their bank accounts immediately using Visa debit cards.
- The Wallet app now displays Apple Pay credit and debit transactions directly under the card.
- Site login is now automatic after the credentials have been filled in with Password AutoFill.
- Warnings are now displayed when loading unencrypted Web pages.
- Removes the support of the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent its potential use as a fingerprint variable.
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site tracking by default.
- Smart Search Box queries can now be changed by tapping the arrow next to Search Suggestions.
- Downtime can
- A new toggle lets you temporarily turn app limits on or off.
Ask Siri on your iPhone or iPad if you want to play a video, show or video. a movie, a sports game or a channel on Apple TV. For example, "Hey Siri, play Spiderman: Enter the SpiderVerse on Office TV."
Additional Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Supports the Air Quality Index in maps for the US, UK, and India.
- Provides information about your device's remaining warranty period settings.
- Supports real-time text (RTT) for phone calls made via a nearby iPhone on the iPad and iPod Touch.
- Displays a "5G E" icon for iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro 12.9 "(3rd generation), or iPad Pro 11" users are in an area where ATG's 5G Evolution network is located & T is available.
- Improves the quality of audio recordings in messages.
- Improves stability and performance of Apple TV Remote on iOS.
- Fixes a problem that prevented some unanswered calls from the notification center.
- Fixes an issue where a badge notification may appear under Settings, although no action is required.
- Fixes a problem in Settings> General> iPhone memory that shows the memory size of some large apps System category, a The category "Other" in the memory bar chart might be incorrect.
- Fixes an issue where voice memos automatically play recordings after connecting to a Bluetooth on-board device.
- Fixes an issue where voice memos can be temporarily triggered to prevent a recording from being renamed.
In fact, iOS 12.2 is an important new update for iPhones and iPads. It pays to download it immediately for the new Apple News + feature. However, improvements to AirPlay, Apple Music and Safari make iOS 12.2 an update that will appeal to everyone, even those who are not particularly interested in the new Apple Services initiative initiated by the launch of Apple News + Feature in iOS 12.2? Exchange your thoughts and observations in the comments.