Epic Games has released a new update for Fortnite on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and iOS. Update 5.10 marks the beginning of a new time-limited mode called Fly Explosives, which uses jetpacks to cause chaos. The update also pulls the missile weapon out of the vault and puts it into play.
"The guided missile is back from the vault and falls in Battle Royale this update," read the patch notes. "In his time, the missile was modified and discontinued because it was too strong at its first release." For those who play Save the World mode, there is a new Spyglass Sniper Rifle, which will be available in store on August 1st at 8pm ET. Take a Look Down for the Complete Fortnite Patch 5.1
- Missile (Battle Royale) : The Guided Rockets return from the vault! Scan the battlefield from above, wind through obstacles and ride team members into the action.
- Fly Explosives : BOOM! The new fly-explosive time mode is here and it's a great time for the whole crew. Use jetpacks to fly over your enemies and in this mode only rain for explosives.
Limited Time Mode: Explosive
- This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosiv LTM and the Arched Jetpack with limited time. To heaven and everyone else back to the lobby!
- Mode details
- Only explosive weapons can be found in this mode.
- Ground plunderers will occasionally spawn jetpacks.
- Explosive jetpacks have increased fuel flow rate and reduced burn rate compared to standard jetpacks to keep pilots in the sky longer.
- Waiting time between falls has been reduced as players need less time to find appropriate loot (average match length should be less than 20m)
- Missile ammunition limited to 120.
- Profile statistics (K / D & Wins) are tracked in this mode
Limited Time: Playground
- The following weapons and items have been added to the Playground LTM only.
- Steering rocket
- Bugfixes: Nameplates no longer appear for members of the opposing team
Weapons and Items
- Missile returns!
- Available in epic and legendary variants.
- The backup duration has been reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- The movement speed was reduced from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4 / 2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structural damage from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures without regard to the line of sight.
- Guided missiles can also be controlled using the keyboard's standard motion inputs.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can be looted again in the game.
Save the World
Spyglass Sniper Rifle : The pods have no chance against this latest addition to the flintlock weapon set. This powerful single-shot sniper makes a punch, so hold on as you aim and shoot.
Weapons and Items
- Spyglass Sniper Rifle Added to Weekly Storage
- A precise, high-performance sniper rifle with a single round per magazine that treads like a mule.
- Available Wednesday, August 1 at 8:00 PM ET through Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 PM ET
If you're still working on the season's 5 week 3 challenges, check out our guide as you The Flush Factory treasure map and also the locations of birthday cake all clay pigeons follow. If you have not completed Fortnite's Birthday Challenges yet, we have a guide where you can find the birthday cake as well.