قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / New Mexico woman dies of virus-related rodent excrement

New Mexico woman dies of virus-related rodent excrement



The death of a New Mexico woman was the first hantavirus death in the state this year, health officials said, urging residents to be alert to the opening of sheds, huts, and other buildings.

It was not clear how the 42-year-old McKinley County woman, who was not identified by officials, became infected with the virus, but the health department carried out an environmental investigation at her home.

"We urge the New Mexicans to be cautious when opening sheds, sheds, and other buildings that have been closed because mice and other rodents may have moved in," said Kathy Kunkel, state health minister Message publication. "Stirring up dust in areas where rodents hang around ̵

1; that includes everything from nets to feces – can cause the virus to be released into the air, into which the particles can be inhaled. Dust with a disinfectant. "

HEPATITIS A WARNING: GEORGIA MEXICAN GRILL WORKERS HANDELED FOOD FOR 2 WEEKS IN INFECTIONS New Mexico this year, with the first case also affecting a McKinley County woman who finally recovered.

HPS is a severe respiratory disease that is fatal in about 40 cases and is transmitted by infected rodent faeces, urine or saliva. Patients can also infect the virus with airborne particles, but it can not be transmitted from person to person.

CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS APP

The symptoms of the virus usually appear one to six weeks after exposure and may include fever, muscle aches, chills, headaches, Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. include abdominal pain. Later symptoms can be a cough that quickly leads to respiratory distress. According to the health department, there is no specific treatment, but recovery can be done with immediate medical attention.


Source link