Williams, an adjutant of Vice President Mike Pence and career officer in the field of foreign service, is due to appear on Tuesday in front of the house's intelligence committee. In his tweet, Trump again made a baseless allegation against other officials who testified in the investigation, characterizing Williams as Never Trumper and linking her to other "Never Trumpers".
"Jennifer is a Foreign Ministry employee." Pence's spokeswoman Katie Waldman responded to CNN's request for comment.
Trump's attacks on Williams occur after he tweeted on Friday, when former ambassador Marie Yovanovitch said that "wherever Marie Yovanovitch has gone bad," an attack Democrats may consider as intimidating witnesses.
It's the most predictable pattern in Washington: Trump attacks when cornered. He clearly feels cornered by anyone and everything related to the impeachment investigation. This includes a frustrated and unwilling witness like Williams. It does not matter if you are an active military person, an ambassador, a current or former employee, or Pence's. What unites these people is not that they oppose Trump. They do not do it. They all work or work for him. What connects them is that they swore an oath to tell the truth about what happened here, under threat of perjury.
testimony of Saturdays behind closed doors ̵
Mark Sandy, a senior official of the Office of Management and Budget, said on Saturday about a budgeting process that went off track When nearly $ 400 million went to military aid Ukraine was held back earlier this year and was not sure what the reasons were for freezing the funds, CNN sources said, who were familiar with his testimony.
Republican Congressman calls new details "alarming" – Rep. Mike Turner, a Republican member of one of the House's committee involved in the impeachment investigation, told CNN's Jake Tapper on Sunday "State of the Union" that the Information about the president during the concealment is "alarming" and "not in order".
"As I said from the beginning, I think this is not right, and the President of the United States should not even make phone calls with the president of another country and address his political opponent on the original phone call," Turner said.
The Republican Congressman has no problem with the State Department issuing documents under one important condition. Representative Chris Stewart told ABC's George Stephanopoulos in "This Week" that he had no problem with the State Department releasing documents and having them testified by a White House official, as demanded by the House Intelligence Committee's impeachment investigation – though he has tied the release to an agreement that the whistleblower does not state as what Democrats have stated as starters.
New Testimonial Published
Gordon Sondland, the European Union's European Envoy, acted on behalf of Trump in dealing with Ukraine, and Sondland said the President had told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky " The opening of the investigation must be announced, "says the minutes of the release on Saturday of the former National Security Council official Tim Morrison.
Morrison said he learned from Sondland that US aid to Ukraine has been made conditional upon the announcement of an investigation by former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden. There were no signs of misconduct by Biden.
Morrison also said that he was told that Trump's call with his Ukrainian counterpart was "accidentally" moved to a highly classified server.
Exclusive to CNN: Giuliani employee said he was on a "secret mission" for Trump. Once they had a private meeting with Trump and Giuliani, as two acquaintances reported, which Parnas entrusted to them immediately thereafter.
Finally, as Parnas told his confidants, the issue turned to Ukraine. According to the two confidants, Parnas said that "the big man," as he was sometimes talking to the president, spoke of charging him and Fruman with a "secret mission" to pressure the Ukrainian government, Joe Biden to investigate and his son Hunter.
As a reminder – Prosecutors accuse Parnas and Fruman of illegally funding republican politicians and campaigning with foreigners' funds to buy influence. This pair is also said to have helped Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer, investigate Biden.
Trump has said publicly that he does not know the couple. CNN's KFile earlier this month reported a series of photos featuring 10 interactions between Trump and Parnas and Fruman, including VIP photos at campaign events, high-prize fundraising and a retreat.
45 ways Trump was dishonest in relation to Ukraine
Daniel Dale of CNN called 45 false allegations of the President concerning Ukraine. Some Notable Examples:
- Trump said he had published an "exact copy" of his call to Zelensky. The document said on its first page that it was "not a literal transcript".
- Trump said he did not ask Zelensky for anything. In fact, Trump asked Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden, to investigate an exposed conspiracy theory about Democratic computer servers, and to talk to Giuliani and Attorney General William Barr.
- Trump said that the whistleblower was "so wrong". The rough transcript and testimony proved that the whistleblower was very accurate.
- Trump said the whistleblower is "now working for Biden". There is no evidence for that. The whistleblower's lawyers said their client has never worked or advised on a candidate, campaign or political party. The lawyers said the whistleblower had come in contact with presidential candidates from both parties while working as an executive executive.
- Trump said no one else had ever been interviewed in public disqualification. Both the Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton impeachment proceedings included some public hearings.
- Trump claimed that the impeachment process had resulted in his poll numbers rising to "higher than ever". However, there was no evidence of a significant increase in Trump poll numbers. His approval rating has fallen slightly since the beginning of the Ukraine scandal, according to FiveThirtyEight.
Against each other hearings this week
The House Intelligence Committee will hear publicly from Eight Witnesses on three days this week, while the Democrats will complete their impeachment trial of Trump before the end of the year ,
Here is the list:
- Williams, an adjutant of Pence.
- Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman, the best expert of the National Security Council in Ukraine.
- Kurt Volker, former US Special Representative for Ukraine.
- Morrison, the leading adviser to Russia and Europe in the National Security Council.
- Sondland, the American envoy to the European Union
- Laura Cooper, Deputy Deputy Minister of Defense for Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia.
- David Hale, Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs.
- Fiona Hill, a former White House expert in Russia.