قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Sports / No fees for Cristiano Ronaldo in Las Vegas Sexual Assault Case

No fees for Cristiano Ronaldo in Las Vegas Sexual Assault Case



Las Vegas prosecutors announced on Monday that they would not prosecute the allegations of sexual assault against football star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Attack on Cristiano Ronaldo can not be proven beyond doubt, "said the prosecutor in Clark County, Nevada, which includes Las Vegas, in a statement .

The attack should have taken place Around the time Ronaldo, a Portuguese attacker, in June 2009 in a hotel room in Las Vegas completed a transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid. (Ronaldo is currently playing for Italian champions Juventus.)

Ms. Kathryn Mayorga, who accused Ronaldo of attacking her, went to the police shortly after the incident, but declined to tell investigators either the identity of her attacker or her Place of attack to communicate attack. The district attorney said on Monday that her reluctance made it difficult for the Las Vegas police to "conduct meaningful investigations" at the time, and the case was closed. According to the district attorney, Mayorga reached a civil law settlement with Ronaldo the following year.

The case attracted limited publicity for the first time in 2017, as the German magazine Der Spiegel paid the allegation of sexual assault and settlement of $ 375,000 reported Mayorga. Der Spiegel received a series of documents from the Football Leaks whistleblower platform last year to support Mayorga's allegations. They included the signed Settlement Agreement between Mayorga and Ronaldo, a medical examination for sexual assault and correspondence between lawyers representing Ronaldo.

The correspondence contained two questionnaires with answers from Ronaldo. According to Der Spiegel, in the first version of the questionnaire, Ronaldo said that Mayorga had "said and stopped several times" and that "she said she did not want, but made herself available." These answers are not in the second version ,

In an Instagram video posted when the allegation re-emerged last year, Ronaldo described any claim of sexual assault as "false news." His representatives have claimed that every contact between Ronaldo and Mayorga was consensual.

The mirror also published an interview in which Mayorga put her name behind the charge. In it, her lawyer explained that she had suffered a psychological trauma from the attack and was therefore legally unable to agree to the civil unification and related secrecy agreement she signed in 2010.


Source link