LONDON (VG) After the record weekend in London, Gjert Ingebrigtsen believes that it is no problem for Jacob (18) and Filip Ingebrigtsen (26) at 1500 and 5000, respectively to bet meters in the world championship.
– If we have medal chances on both tracks, we will not have to ask both. We need to discuss this and look at it as it approaches. But we are part of the competition and that's why we train. And the more competitions we drive, the better, says Filip Ingebrigtsen to VG after his Norwegian record mile (1609 meters) in London on Sunday.
The day before, Jakob Ingebrigtsen fought in the sprint with 5000 meter Hagos Gebrhiwet, named "the best in the world", when he came across the new Norwegian record of 13.02.03. And on Sunday Filip Ingebrigtsen was first in the family under 3.50 in a mile when he came in at 3.49.60 and 2nd place:
After the first run on Friday, September 27th, the final of 5000 meters on Monday, September 30, run. Three days after the heat starts at 1500 meters. If they race in the World Cup Final on both tracks, there will be five races in ten days.
– Yes, absolutely, "answers dad and coach Gjert Ingebrigtsen to the question of whether a bet on 1500 and 5000 meters in the World Cup in two months is possible
Last summer, Jakob became European champion at 5000 and 1500 meters.
Jakob Ingebrigtsen chuckles the advice of the legend: – A myth
– It is the opportunity that we now see that it is possible to double, says Gjert Ingebrigtsen.
– It does not take too much to get through both tracks in the World Cup?
– Yes, that's clear. However, there is a challenge to be accepted, says Ingebrigtsen.
He says it's the sons who make that assessment and that he does not interfere. He makes it clear that the sons know the risk of such a bet.
Was "piffed" by Gjert Ingebrigtsen before the race: – He did not joke
Filip Ingebrigtsen, who has a press of 13.11 at 5000 meters June says he has a great craving after such a commitment, if it is not destroyed too much for the 1500 meters.
– On time, that's how it works. The only catch is that the 5000 meter goes first. For us, who have the main focus on 1500 meters, it would have been the other way around, first with 1500 meters and then with 5000 meters, as it was at the European Championships in Berlin. But it is clear that we have this in mind, says Filip.
Gjert believes that the biggest mental challenge is to run a hectic racing program in the World Cup.
– Physically it is not a problem. They train two and up to three times a day, says Gjert Ingebrigtsen. It would not be wise to ride two routes if you were not good enough to fight for the medal on both tracks.
But Jakob Ingebrigtsen showed he can do it on Saturday:
After Henrik Ingebrigtsen (28) also set a personal record of 5000 meters in Belgium on Saturday night at 13.15.38, Gjert believes That all three brothers are now good enough to fight at the top of the World Cup exercise.
– With their goal scores of 1500 meters, they are definitely in the fight for medals of 5000 meters. But if it brings "Ingebrigtsens" to the start of 5000 meters in the World Cup, then the Africans are faster. They dare not involve them in a turmoil. It will be to shoot himself in the foot to bring these boys to the rally, says Gjert Ingebrigtsen.
Commercial Cooperation: Discount Codes