LAS VEGAS, NV (FOX5) – The Southern District of Nevada confirmed a case of internationally imported measles in southern Nevada and issued a warning to the residents of Clark district on Thursday afternoon.
December 24 marks the first confirmed case of measles in Clark County since 2015. The adult patient had previously been vaccinated with an international travel history.
Due to the high risk of measles infection, health officials issued a warning to anyone who visited one of the sites listed below between Monday, December 10 and Tuesday, December 18, to contact their doctor and their vaccination status to check. Anyone who has symptoms of measles should also consult their doctor before entering a healthcare facility to take appropriate measures to prevent the spread of the disease (SNHD).
- Trader Joe, 231
Thursday, December 13, between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Albertsons, 2550 S. Fort Apache Rd., Las Vegas 89117
Thursday, December 13th between 6:00 pm. and 10pm
- Costco, 801 S. Pavilion Center Dr., Las Vegas 89144
Thursday, December 13, between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm
- Smart & Final, 8485 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas 89117
Thursday, December 13 between 10:30 and 2:30 pm
- Starbucks, 340 E. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas 89109
Friday, December 14, between 12 noon and 4:00 pm
- Summerlin Hospital / Emergency Room, 657 N. Town Center Dr., Las Vegas 89144
Sunday, December 16, between 11 am and 5 pm
- Southern Nevada Health District, 280 South Decatur Blvd Las Vegas 89107
Monday, 17. December, 10 am to 2 pm Waiting area for main lobby / immunization
- Simon and Joe, 3720 W. Tropicana Ave., Las Vegas 89103
Monday, December 17, between 12:00 pm. and 4:00 pm
For more information about the Health District Vaccination Clinics, call (702) 759-0850 or here.
Immunizations are available at the following sites. Please arrive until 16:00. Time for Editing: 19659004 Main Public Health Center, 280 S. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4.30 pm
- East Las Vegas Public Health Center, 560 N. Nellis Blvd., Suite E12 , Las Vegas
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Henderson Clinic in Southern Nevada Health District, 874 American Pacific Doctor, Henderson Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Friday 8:00 pm – 1 pm
Closed every day, 1 pm – 2 pm
By appointment only. Call (702) 759-0960.
- Mesquite Public Health Center, 830 Port Lane, Mesquite
Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Lunch break – 1:00 pm
By appointment only. Call (702) 759-1682.
Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved .