قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Officials said the first mosquitoes of electrical and electronic equipment was found in Pelham this year

Officials said the first mosquitoes of electrical and electronic equipment was found in Pelham this year



The first mosquitoes in New Hampshire tested positive for equine encephalitis this year were found in Pelham, health officials said Tuesday. Officials from the Ministry of Health and Human Services said they were working with Pelham health officials and surrounding towns to notify residents. No cases were found in humans this year. "People need to take action to prevent mosquito bites, including staying in the dusk and outdoors when the mosquitoes are most active, wearing protective clothing, using an effective mosquito repellent on exposed skin, and removing standing water from the house , in which mosquitoes multiply, "said the state epidemiologist Dr. Benjamin Chan. Pelham officials said they planned to spray mosquitos on parks and schools on Thursday and Friday in and around town squares. "Wherever we have children, we'll be spraying on our urban plots," city councilor brian mccarthy said. "If someone has a reaction or does not feel well, report it to the authorities so that they can review and evaluate it." EEE can cause flu-like symptoms, including fever, headache, weakness, and muscle and joint pain. In more severe cases meningitis and encephalitis can occur, which in rare cases can lead to death. Symptoms usually occur four to ten days after a person has stung. The virus was first discovered in New Hampshire in 2004, and since then 1

5 cases have been identified in humans. The last case of human electrical and electronic equipment in New Hampshire was diagnosed in 2014, when there were three cases. This year, New Hampshire did not detect EEE infections in humans or animals New Hampshire. West Nile virus and Jamestown Canyon virus were also found in the state. Data sheets on EEE and other arboviruses can be found on the DHHS website at www.dhhs.nh.gov.

The first mosquitoes in New Hampshire tested positive for equine encephalitis in the East this year were found in Pelham, health officials said Tuesday they said they are working with health officials in Pelham and surrounding areas Cities together to notify the residents. No cases were found in humans this year.

"People need to take action to prevent mosquito bites, including avoiding being at dusk and outdoors when mosquitoes are most active, wearing protective clothing and using an effective mosquito repellent on exposed skin." and removing stagnant water from the house, where mosquitoes multiply, "said state epidemiologist Dr. Benjamin Chan.

Pelham officials said they planned mosquitoes on Thursday and Friday in and around city fields, parks and schools "Everywhere we have kids on our urban plots, we're going to spray them," Town Councilor Brian McCarthy said, "If anyone has a reaction or does not feel well, obviously report it to the authorities to get it

EEE can cause flu-like symptoms, including fever, headache, weakness and muscle and joint pain, and in more severe cases it can cause meningitis and encephalitis, which in rare cases can lead to death four to ten days after a person sting.

The virus was first discovered in New Hampshire in 2004, and since then 15 cases were identified in humans. The last case of human electrical and electronic equipment in New Hampshire was diagnosed in 2014, when there were three cases.

There were no EEE infections in humans or animals in New Hampshire this year.

EEE is one of three mosquito-borne diseases in New Hampshire. The West Nile virus and the Jamestown Canyon virus were also found in the state.

If you have questions, call the New Hampshire Bureau of Infectious Disease Control at 603-271-4496. Data sheets on electrical and electronic equipment and other arboviruses are available on the DHHS website at www.dhhs.nh.gov.


Source link