COLUMBUS, Ohio (10TV) – The Ohio State Athletics Division announces that head coach Urban Meyer will announce his resignation on Tuesday afternoon.
Ohio State Football says its retirement press conference is scheduled for 2:00 pm January 1
Advertising Story Down
OSU says Athletic Director Gene Smith will name offensive coordinator Ryan Day as the 25th head coach of today's press conference. He will start the main coaching on the 2nd of January.
These first 16 years as head coach of Meyer with three national championships and a record of 177 wins against just 31 defeats, with a win of .851 percent were full of achievement, achievement and success, for which only a few are comparable. Consider:
- Meyer is the third best coach in college football history (at least 10 years at a FBS school) and is now only available to Knute Rockne and Frank Leahy.
- Meyers .851 Profit Share is # 1 among all active coaches with at least five years experience at a FBS school
- He scored the College College's record with 165 victories
- Meyers 2015 with his first 15 seasons as head coach Buckeye upper class was the first Power 5 school to win 50 games in a four-year run (2012-15)
- Meyer is the only modern day trainer to win national championships in two different conferences. Florida in 2006 and 2008 and Ohio in 2014 and 2014 is one of only two coaches who have won national titles at two different schools.
- He is the first coach in modern history – since 1937, when the NCAA began to record records – has won at least 13 games in consecutive years (2008 and 2009). three times (2006-08-09) and four tes (2006-08-09 in Florida and 2014 in Ohio State)
- Meyer is the only coach in the history of colleges that has four different winning streaks of at least 20 games (20 with Utah / Florida, 22 in Florida, 25 with Florida and Ohio State, and 23 in Ohio State). Only eight other coaches even had at least two winning streaks of at least 20 games
- Meyer won – 104 – more games than all but three coaches in the history of college football in the first 10 years [1965-9016]. Meyer achieved 100 wins faster than anyone except a coach – Bud Wilkinson – in the last 57 years and faster than all but five coaches
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
© 2018 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed.