قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Oklahoma student dies of bacterial meningitis

Oklahoma student dies of bacterial meningitis



WOODWARD, Okla. – A community in Oklahoma mourns the loss of a student who recently died of bacterial meningitis.

Woodward Public Schools superintendent Kyle Reynolds told the Enid News and Eagle that a seventh-grade student had died from the bacteria over the weekend.

A post on the district's Facebook page states that the student "embodies the best Boomer values ​​of loving-kindness, character, and friendship, and she is equally missed by her teachers and colleagues." [19659004] "Woodward Middle School staff were informed that one of our students had been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis. On the basis of the investigations carried out by public health officials, this can be disturbing. However, we have found that this is not a disease that fears classroom transmission. Public health officials and school officials work together to protect the health and safety of all students and staff, "the district statement said.

Meningitis is an inflammation of the tissue that covers the brain and spinal cord. Bacterial meningitis can be caused by bacteria that spread from the nose and throat of an infected person through direct contact with saliva or airway droplets.

"Although the risk of illness for other students is quite low, parents are advised to be vigilant for signs of meningitis. Symptoms of meningitis may include some of the following: fever, severe headache, neck stiffness, vomiting and disorientation or confusion. If your child experiences some of these symptoms, please contact your child's caregiver immediately.

District officials say a crisis team will be at the school to help students who may be in trouble.

36.41

3792 [19659009] -99.367308


Source link