قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / One student died in his sleep after eating 5-day-old noodles

One student died in his sleep after eating 5-day-old noodles



  • An unnamed 20-year-old died in his sleep after eating five-day-old noodles.
  • He ate the noodles at room temperature and attributed the strange taste of the new tomato sauce he had put on it.
  • The autopsy revealed necrosis of the liver, suggesting that his liver was closed.
  • Fecal smears revealed bacteria responsible for the "Fried Rice syndrome," food poisoning that is usually caused by stopping fried rice dishes at room temperature.

In a case written by dr. Bernard was highlighted on YouTube, a student with bad sanitation died after he had eaten five-day-old pasta while asleep.

In reports, the 20-year-old student was prepared on a Sunday for the week to save time and money. He would cook noodles and then put them in Tupperware containers to consume them during the week after adding and reheating a sauce. Bernard.

The Belgian student kept spaghetti prepared five days earlier at room temperature in the kitchen, according to a case study in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology. He attributed the strange taste of the new tomato sauce that he put on his spaghetti, ate everything and set off for the sport.

The 20-year-old prepared a meal for his lunch for the week.
Shutterstock

Within 30 minutes after eating the pasta, he had severe abdominal pain nausea and headache. After returning home, he immediately had violent episodes of watery diarrhea and vomited heavily, but he did not seek medical help and instead chose to stay in his house, drink water and try to sleep it off.

The next morning, his parents worried when he did not get out of bed for college. He was already dead when they came looking for him at 11am.

Examination of his body revealed that he had died at four in the morning, about ten hours after eating the spaghetti. His body was autopsied while samples of his pasta and pasta sauce were sent to the National Reference Laboratory for Food-borne Outbreaks (NRLFO) for analysis.

The autopsy revealed necrosis of the liver, suggesting that his liver has shut down, as well as possible signs of acute pancreatitis. Fecal smears showed the presence of Bacillus cereus a bacterium responsible for "Fritre syndrome", food poisoning often caused by leaving fried rice dishes at room temperature for several hours.

The sample of his meal sent to the NRLFO contained significant amounts of Bacillus cereus which confirmed that the pasta meal was the cause of his illness and led to death only hours later.

Bacillus cereus poisoning is surprisingly common. In 2003, a family became ill with Bacillus cereus which caused food poisoning after eating 8-day-old pasta salad during a picnic.

All five children needed medical treatment and had to be given intensive care while the youngest girl, who was 7 years old, died after her liver had failed.

Visit the INSIDER homepage for more information.


Source link