Normally, the end of the year in smartphone news brings us a short break – holiday shopping is over and deals are drying up, but we still have a week left before CES really makes waves. However, leave OnePlus with some excitement on Christmas Day as it begins to ship OxygenOS 9.0.0 OTA updates to OnePlus 5 and 5T.
It was only a matter of time before we could land this release The availability of the pie-lending Open Beta 20 and 22 updates a few weeks ago. With the hopefully recognized at the last minute and leaked errors now also the release of the public OTA comes in and brings Android 9 Pie and OxygenOS 9.0.0 in the OnePlus 201
The change log is very similar to what we saw at Open Beta versions:
- Updated System for Android ™ 9 Pie ™
- Brand new interface for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Only available for OnePlus 5T)
- Android security patch updated to 2018.12
- Other new features and system enhancements
- New Game Mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for third party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Google Integrated Lens Mode
OnePlus advises users that distribution will begin slowly, with only a small portion of the phones being reached today. If everything looks good, you can assume that the company really opens the tap and supplies the OTA en masse in the next few days.