قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Orlando man dies from carnivorous bacteria

Orlando man dies from carnivorous bacteria




ORLANDO, Fla. – An Orlando father of two children who has been infected with a carnivorous bacterium has died, according to his family.

David Ireland, 50, of Universal Orlando, recently diagnosed a necrotizing fasciitis caused by Group A Streptococcus bacteria.

His mother, Lois Ireland, told News 6 that her son died after battling the bacteria.

Ireland's brother said doctors have removed more than 25% of Irish skin.

His family said Ireland had flu-like symptoms about a week ago when doctors admitted him to an emergency room in Orlando.

"He thought he had the flu, in fact he had one of those dial-a-doctors and he was told he had the flu," Lois Ireland said.

She said that after being diagnosed and treated with antibiotics, she was operated on.

"His leg has no skin at all, no fatty tissue, it's halfway up the back," she said.

It is not known how David Ireland infected the bacteria, but doctors suspect that they somehow got into his bloodstream and attacked his muscles.

"He had a small cut, he does not know how he got it and next you know it's Strep A," said Lois Ireland.

A GoFundMe site has been set up to help the family with medical expenses.

David Ireland leaves behind his wife and two daughters, 7 and 4.

Copyright 201

9 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.


Source link