قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Science / Oxygen is generated and used on Mars and they do not know why

Oxygen is generated and used on Mars and they do not know why



NASA has admitted that it has "difficulty explaining" why oxygen is produced and then consumed on Mars. The US Space Agency has been scratching its heads ever since.

  nasa-oxygen-is-used-mars-know_06

The reason is that NASA's own Curiosity rover on the Red Planet has shed some pretty interesting data back to our Pale Blue Dot showing that elevated methane levels have been recorded, and NASA can not explain why. Tests were done and completed to find out why these values ​​were so high, but NASA does not know why.

The NASA Curiosity Rover "exhales" on Mars, analyzes it and tells NASA what types of gases are detected. However, something interesting has been discovered: Here on Earth, the background of certain gases increases and decreases with changing seasons, and something similar happens on Mars.

Mars' air is mainly composed of carbon dioxide, which contains 95% of the gas. Curiosity inhales CO2 in its tests, while the remaining 5% consists of a mixture of argon, carbon monoxide, nitrogen and oxygen. NASA has recorded these gases over a 1

2-month period, with scientists noting some anomalies in terms of oxygen levels compared to other gases on Mars They follow a predictable seasonal pattern, with concentrations at Gale Crater increasing over the year increases and decreases in the amount of CO2 in the air. They expected oxygen to do the same. The air rose by up to 30% throughout the spring and summer and then dropped to levels predicted by known chemistry in the fall ] Today Yesterday 7 days ago 30 days ago


Source link