"Being profitable is a good thing; At the level we should be achieving, being profitable is the next step, "says Jim Gianopulos, Paramount Pictures Chief.
Jim Gianopulos has not had a particularly easy job since his takeover as CEO of Paramount Pictures in 2017 – a year after the former icon – The studio had lost more than $ 450 million.
"When you look back, it's as dark as it gets, especially for a big studio," Gianopulos said Wednesday at Bank of America's annual media and entertainment conference, Merrill Lynch. "We've just made a profit, basically, for the first year in four years, to be profitable is a good thing, at the level we should be able to be profitable is the next step."
How does Gianopulos take this next step? A look at the studio's recent successes at the box office and the upcoming films give an insight into this answer.
The Paramount recovers The narrative continued last year with box-office hits such as "Mission: Impossible ̵
This was a change in the studio's strategy and, according to Gianopulos, an important prerequisite for success.
Join WrapPRO to get exclusive content, full video access, premium events, and more!
$ 1 per day members only:
- 5 exclusive members – stories only per week
- Digital video industry analysis and deep-dive capabilities
- Daily WrapPRO Newsletter featuring the latest news in the digital video industry
- Full-length video archive access
- Video of noteworthy sessions by TheWrap Events
- DataBank displays key statistics and streaming video Trends in the OTT market
- Comprehensive research and white papers in the entertainment industry