Follow the action on 985TheSportsHub.com while the New England Patriots compete against the New York Jets in the 201
Below are live updates before, during, and after the game, plus instant analysis and highlights.
– Q3, 13:11: Jets launch the third quarter three times and give the Patriots the ball with the chance to sink the game even more open. Trey Flowers brought the bag in third and second, pulled down Sam Darnold and almost ripped the ball for the second time.
– Halftime Thoughts: Overall, a very good first half for the Patriots on both sides of the ball. Tom Brady looks just like his fellow players from his terrible 16th week game against banknotes. Everyone is involved and making effective passing games while Sony Michel wears the skirt with power and confidence. … In defense, the Patriots have married good pressure with heavy coverage to make it difficult for Sam Darnold in the passing game. They were also very good against the run, a promising development for this group. Apart from a chunk game here and there, the jets were not a big threat to putting points on the board. Stephon Gilmore had a major pass raid in a fourth down attempt in the end zone, while Trey Flowers unleashed the Patriots' third touchdown ride with a forced fumble from Devin McCourty.
Darnold began to play more with him arm in the second quarter, but he would struggle to get the jets back in this game if the Patriots can move the ball further in an attack as they do. They have successfully confused the jets in reporting, resulting in a lot of open receivers. If Brady can beat her with more consistency, this could turn into a blowout. It certainly does not look as if the jets are ready to make a comeback – especially head coach Todd Bowles, who is expected to be fired on Monday.
– Q2, 0:25: The Patriots attack looks spectacular again to begin their next voyage. But this time the ride suddenly stops and the Pats have nothing to add to their score.
Chris Hogan gives them a respite with an eight-meter-long comebacker. Sony Michel rumbles the left seam 14 meters high. Julian Edelman opens and pulls into a 17-yard grapple. Phillip Dorsett makes a jet sweep for 11. James White cuts the jets for another eight in the middle. Ultimately, it's about quarter and one. The Pats down the clock before taking a break and then handing them over to White in the middle. Running back has no chance to lift the court, and the Patriots are left empty and have a chance to score more before the end of the half.
– Q2, 4:28: The Jets empties out a serious threat to increase their score. Sam Darnold drives 5: 6 on the driveway, and his only incompleteness is the fourth and third attempt of the 5-yard line of Patriots. With nothing to lose, the Jets go bankrupt and the Patriots have a defensive stance. Stephon Gilmore interrupted the throw for Robby Anderson, who brought the ball out of the game on his fourth downstop.
– Q2, 11:03: Tom Brady makes use of the Jets revenue and a subsequent bad penalty for another touchdown, this time on a nine-meter-long field. Brady meets Phillip Dorsett in the final zone to reach the score for his 21-3 Patriots swirling with the jets.
The Jets messed up what could have been a disappointing Red Zone ownership for Brady. Henry Anderson contacts the QB after receiving a ticket for the passers-by after a third throw-in. Previously, Brady had missed a wide open Rob Gronkowski in the end zone and then threw a wide-open Chris Hogan over the next game. But No. 12 had the jets pay for Anderson's punishment.
– Q2, 12:43: Disaster for the Jets. Elijah McGuire takes over the handoffs, but Trey Flowers hits the ball and Devin McCourty wants to recover to give Tom Brady the ball on the jets' 9-yard line.
– Q2, 12:53: Tom Brady brings together a second efficient, strong-looking drive and ends with another touchdown. This time he beats Rex Burkhead with a perfect touch throw in his bread basket in the end zone, Brady's best litter of the day so far. Julian Edelman and James White both brought Chunk pieces on the ride, while the Pats attack continues to eliminate the fears of last week with successive big drives. 14-0 Patriots in the Second.
– End 1: Patriots 7, Jets 3. Brady recovers from a throw that was thrown with a big 18-yard close over center to Julian Edelman. He gets another pass to James White, but that does not bring any profit. So ends the first quarter in Foxboro.
Overall a good start for the Patriots. They were efficient on offense and Tom Brady looks a lot better by a quarter than in the last week against the bills. He brings all his weapons with him, and most of the time they cling to the ball when thrown in that direction. And in defense, the patriots have given Sam Darnold a big scramble game, but they would probably assume if he meant he would stay as wild as he threw the ball.
– Q1, 0:54: Sam Darnold started making some games for the jets on his next offensive, but in the end they have to settle for a field goal. The Patriots defense gave up a bit, but was firmer in the red zone to hold its own on the scoreboard.
Darnold seems to be cheering on the jets with a big 28-yard run to the Patriots The defense could not hold him in the bag. Then he makes his first accomplishment of the day with a third and a ten round pass to Deontay Burnett. Darnold finds almost a receiver in the end zone of the next series, but he jumps off the turf. Stephon Gilmore breaks Robby Anderson's third try and forces the field goal. It's good and the Patriots have a 7-3 lead.
– Stats & Information: Tom Brady's touchdown was the 26th of his season, the second-most ever quarterback, who was over 40 years old and left in 2017 only to himself. In addition, the Patriots in the season totaled over 400 total points. This is the twelfth year in a row that they have reached this benchmark – an NFL record.
– Q1, 5:16: Something serious life by the offense of the patriots. They are in the first until 7-0 after Tom Brady has hit James White for a 17-yard touchdown. Brady went 6: 6 on an extremely efficient ride, one of the better looking Pats attacks of recent weeks.
You get into a rhythm, thanks to the connection between Brady and Phillip Dorsett, who caught two of the first three goals of the ride. Brady passes the ball around and passes the passes to Dorsett, Chris Hogan, James Develin, Rob Gronkowski and White for the TD.
– Q1, 10:16: A good start for the defense of Patriots Jets and rookie quarterback Sam Darnold. In first and third place it is incomplete and the Pats can finish RB Elijah McGuire in second place. It will be a long day for the jets if they consistently seem so anemic. The Patriots, however, deserve credit for having pushed the bag back onto Darnold and plunged it into nasty litters.
– Q1, 11:16: It was a promising start for the Patriots offense, but afterwards they are short-circuited in search of a rhythm.
The journey begins with three handovers to Sony Michel, and he wins the first defeat of third-and-1. Julian Edelman brings the next premiere with a profit of 1 yard on a wide open drop in the apartment. But the ride goes by after two yard losses as she runs back from Rex Burkhead. Brady finds Chris Hogan for five yards, but James White can not handle Third-and-7's pass to force the Patriots.
– WR Cordarrelle Patterson is one of the inactive players of the Patriots against the Jets. Here are the complete inactives:
– New England Patriots (@Patriots) December 30, 2018
– Patriots from New England (@Patriots) [30.90827] – December 30, 2018
– Tom Brady arrived well and early on. This is Mike Reiss' weekly recording of Brady's entrance at Gillette Stadium. This week comes at 8:18.
Tom Brady, with the early arrival at 8:18 am, for the Patriots jets at 1 pm. Kicking off. pic.twitter.com/NEXnzkblHA
– Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) December 30, 2018
Click here to view all Patriots updates from 98.5 The Sports Hub to receive]