قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / Pentagon authorizes up to $ 1 billion to build a 57-mile boundary wall

Pentagon authorizes up to $ 1 billion to build a 57-mile boundary wall



The Pentagon told Congress late Monday that it approved the transfer of up to $ 1 billion to set up 57 miles of "pedestrian fences" on the US-Mexico border, the national emergency declaration directly supported by President Trump from last month. The 18 meter high fencing is to be built in the sectors Yuma and El Paso, it says in the statement. The announcement of the Pentagon was remarkable. A New York Times reporter tweeted that the funds would be transferred for the first time in accordance with Section 284 for the Boundary Wall.

Section 284 allows the Pentagon to "build and install roads and fences" to block drug trafficking corridors across the international borders of the United States to support federal anti-drug policies, "the statement said. [1

9659002] The Pentagon announcement came when Trump tried to override Democrats as a house, trying to override his first veto, a vote that is sure to fail and allow his statement. "The vote scheduled for Tuesday would be keeping the frontier crisis intact, which would allow the president to shift $ 3.6 billion of military construction projects to work on a barrier along the southwestern frontier.

"The president will be fine in the house," minority leader Kevin McCarthy said R-Calif., In a short interview. "The veto will not be overridden replaces. "

Donald Trump Jr. tweeted:" Christmas came earlier this week, "in response to the announcement. He probably also referred to the report of Special State Member Robert Mueller, who said that in the 2016 presidential election there are no signs of a collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in support of the Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection Department. He authorized the Army Corps of Engineers to begin planning and executing.

A group of Democratic senators criticized the Pentagon's movement and described the maneuver as a violation of Congressional resources, Bloomberg reported. The Democrats have called the national emergency declaration a crisis created by Trump

. "The $ 1 billion reprogramming carried out by the department without Congress approval represents a dollar-for-dollar theft from other preparedness needs of our armed forces." , D-Vt., Dick Durbin, D-Ill. And others wrote according to the report in a letter to Shanahan.

GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Even with his veto left intact, Trump may not be able to spend the money on obstacles quickly, as the lawsuits might take years to complete the process is.

The Associated Press Contributed to This Report


Source link