قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Pentagon ordered to offer options as the US ruled out a response to a Saudi attack

Pentagon ordered to offer options as the US ruled out a response to a Saudi attack



Two US defense officials said that the Pentagon was instructed to "plan" at the White House meeting, but added that no detailed decisions had been submitted, as it is building a case against Iran who is responsible for has denied the attacks. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will travel to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday evening to consult with the rulers, and the source reports that nothing will be done until Pompeo returns and Trump's national security team has gathered.

"No jerky response – it's very systematic – what happens with patience is that stupid movements are prevented," the source said.

The approach is already criticized. Sen. Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina Republican, who advocated a strike against Iran in response to the Saudi attack, tweeted on Tuesday, "President @realDonaldTrump's measured reaction to the shooting down of an American drone was clearly taken by the Iranian regime seen a sign of weakness. "

Trump struck back with his own tweet and replied," No, Lindsey, it was a sign of strength that some people simply do not understand. "

Government officials have calculated that US officials will have the opportunity to meet with world leaders and discuss the next steps with the United Nations General Assembly, which will be held in New York next week. It is highly unlikely that anything will be done until then, the source familiar with White House discussions said.

The attack claimed by Houthi rebels in Yemen forced state-owned Saudi Aramco to halve its production and take more than 5% of the world's daily crude oil consumption from the global market.

Cyber ​​attacks and attacks on Iranian oil refineries were evaluated following the launch of the US drone in the Strait of Hormuz in June, but there were no serious considerations to consider these options again.

Trump has repeatedly said that Saudi Arabia has a responsibility to dictate the way forward and has made it clear that he is in no hurry.

"We need to sit down with the Saudis and work something out." he told reporters yesterday. "That was an attack on Saudi Arabia, and that was not an attack on us."

  Congress weighs response to attacks on Saudi oil facilities

"We have many options, but I do not see any options right now," Trump said. "We definitely want to find out who did that. We are dealing with Saudi Arabia. … We'll see what happens. "

Defense officials also said that after the attack, the US Central Command did not make any additional requests for armed forces in the region, and that the US troops' stance in the region had not been adjusted But Vice President Mike Pence made clear Tuesday that military action is an option.

"After the unprovoked attack this weekend on several oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, I promise you, we are ready President said we do not want to go to war with anyone, but the United States is ready – we're locked and loaded, "Pence said, describing the US military as the" best-equipped, best-trained and technologically-advanced battle force "in the world . "

During a speech to the Heritage Foundation, Pence said US intelligence agencies are working to verify evidence of the attack and announced that Pompeo would travel to Saudi Arabia later that day to consult with the rulers of the kingdom. [19659002]

"I'd rather not meet him"

Pence spoke as Trump retraced his earlier comments on the way to California, indicating his willingness to meet with Iranian officials and telling reporters that he was no longer interested President Hassan Rouhani was on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

"I never rule out anything, but I prefer not to meet him," said Trump.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who also spoke on Tuesday, ruled out the possibility and said "there will be no talks with the United States on any level". The Iranian Supreme Leader released only one tiny window for future multilateral talks: "If the US rejects, repents and returns to the nuclear treaty they are violating." Otherwise, the Iranian government will not meet any of the American officials, "neither in New York nor anywhere else".

  Source: & # 39; High probability & # 39; Saudi attack launched near Iraq by Iraqi base

After more than four years of war that has brought millions of Yemeni civilians to the brink of famine, Saudi Arabia has become no longer attacked.

Deputy spokesman Hogan Gidley told reporters Tuesday that the government "can not definitely say" Iran is behind an attack on an oil factory in Saudi Arabia and is still trying to bring the American people to justice bring. [19659002] A defense official told CNN that the US has images suggesting an attack from Iran, including evidence that weapons are ready for takeoff in the country. CNN, the pictures were not shown.

While Saudi Arabia is recovering as a result, a US defense official tells CNN that the US has a team of local forensic experts to analyze the location of the attack and unexploded missiles to their intended targets not reached.

Another US official with direct knowledge of the latest information said Saudi Arabia had recovered completely intact circuit boards from one of the weapons used in the attack and deployed both drones and cruise missiles. CNN has not seen any evidence for these allegations.

The official added that the Saudis and the US expect to be able to trace the origin of the circuit board back to Iran that the attack was sophisticated.

& # 39; you have the capacity & # 39;

A high-ranking government official said the Houthis did not have the ability to reach Yemen. "The Houthis have never used this type of UAV – neither the UAV nor the cruise missiles deployed in the attack can reach the facilities from Yemen, it is not possible."

The United Nations says otherwise. UN officials issued a report in January stating that Houthi drone capabilities have been significantly improved over the past year to cover distances that bring Saudi Arabian targets far within reach, and to do far more damage than their previous drones, the maximum 150 drones could move kilometers.

"The most striking feature of the UAV-X is its significantly increased endurance and range," reads the report on the new drone model. "It can have a maximum range of between 1,200 km and 1,500 km." This would support the claims of the Houthis that they could hit targets like Riyadh, Abu Dhabi and Dubai. "


Source link