A still image from one of three videos released by the Pentagon on Monday, April 27, 2020, showing “unidentified aerial phenomena” captured by U.S. Navy pilots during training flights in 2004 and 2015. “The aerial phenomena observed in the videos continue to be characterized as” unidentified, “the Pentagon said in a statement.
Department of Defense
The Department of Defense released three videos captured by U.S. Navy pilots that revealed mysterious flying objects that are still unknown.
The release of the videos late Monday, one recorded in 2004 and the following two in 201
The footage, which shows unidentified objects flying at high speed in the Earth’s atmosphere, as well as audio from marine pilots expressing shock and awe, was originally released in 2007 and 2017. The videos were recorded during the training flights and the 2017 leaks were published by the New York Times.
“The U.S. Navy has previously recognized that these publicly available videos are actually Navy videos,” the Pentagon statement said. “After a thorough review, the department determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos did not reveal sensitive capabilities or systems, and did not interfere with later investigations into military airspace intrusions from unidentified aerial phenomena.”
“The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain labeled” unidentified, “it says.
The Pentagon’s release of the video eliminates speculation as to whether it was real and is sure to raise deeper questions about the existence and interaction of extraterrestrial life.
“There’s a whole fleet of them … Gosh, they’re all going against the wind, the wind is 120 knots west. Look at that thing, dude!” a pilot exclaims in one of the videos.
The U.S. Navy actually began formalizing a pilot reporting process to report incidents of UFO sightings last year. An April 2019 statement said that “there have been a number of reports of unauthorized and / or unidentified aircraft flying into different areas controlled by the military and identified airspace in recent years.”
“This type of attack can pose both a security risk and a security risk to the aviation of the Navy and Air Force. For security reasons, the Navy and the USAF take these reports very seriously and investigate every single report,” the 2019 report said.
The Pentagon has consistently been provided with funds to investigate unexplained aerial phenomena in recent decades, and such a well-known project was closed in 2012, according to media reports. The Defense Intelligence Agency released a list of 38 research titles funded by the program under the Freedom of Information Act in early 2019.
Luis Elizondo, a former Pentagon official who led this initiative, known as the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, resigned in protest after its completion and opposed what he called the program’s excessive secrecy. In an interview in 2017, he told CNN: “My personal belief is that there is very convincing evidence that we may not be alone.”