Police on the way to the interrogation at the Józefa City Hospital Strusia w Poznaniu Photo: PAP / Jakub Kaczmarczyk
On 4 March, a part of the tenement in Poznań Dębowiec collapsed as a result of a gas explosion. Five people were found in the ruins and more than 20 were injured.
In mid-March, the prosecution confirmed that Tomasz J. had the status of suspect in the investigation, but the prosecution will not disclose its content until the indictment has been filed.
that Tomasz J. "heard the allegation of murdering his wife, insulting her body and causing a partial collapse of a home, leading to the death of many people, exposing people to danger to life and health
As she added, Tomasz J. did not plead guilty to the offenses and used the right to refuse explanations. On Wednesday, the prosecutor's office will apply for temporary detention of the suspect. If the court would obey the petition of the prosecutor, Tomasz J. would most likely go to the infirmary of the Poznań Detention Center
What caused the explosion
Mazur-Prus said, according to investigators, until the Outbreak in a tenement house led to the release of the gas / air mixture. ̵
A prosecutor's spokeswoman also confirmed earlier informal information that Beata J's body – the suspect's wife – was brutally mutilated after the murder. She added that the murder weapon was still not found.
Mazur-Prussia pointed out that the prosecution would not refer to the murder arrangements. – Given the good ongoing proceedings, the circumstances of the incident, very drastic, and respect for the victims, for their families – this information remains a mystery of behavior – she said
topic of crime  Public Prosecutor's Office When asked about the crime, the investigators responded: "Of course we have certain ideas that show why a man can behave in this and not different ways, but at this stage of the process we do not want to disclose that information . "
The prosecution also ruled on the combination of materials collected during the investigation into a car accident that took place in January 2009. Tomasz J. and his son traveled by car, and as a result of the incident, nothing serious happened while the boy was in the hospital since the accident. 19659004] Mazur-Prus emphasized that for he first of all decided "subjective relationship because it is the same person". – Taking into account the homicides and the issues raised in this case concerning the accident, and thus the testimony of the victim who had doubts about an accident or intentional act, it was useful to combine these procedures. she said. She added that both cases were conducted by the same prosecutor.
Tomasz J.'s interview on Wednesday at the City Hospital in Poznań. J. Strusia. Previously, this was not possible due to his state of health. Before 10 am, Tomasz J.'s defense attorney, together with a policewoman and a technician, who was supposed to register a hearing in the form of a video
went to the hospital and persecuted Łukasz Stanke. The hearing lasted less than an hour. Neither the suspect nor his lawyer has filed any petitions
43-year-old Tomasz J. was hospitalized in Poznan, Dębowiec, one hour after the outbreak. In severe condition, he went to the anesthesia and intensive care unit. He had second- and third-degree burns at 50 percent. the surface of the skin: head, back, hands. He was also burned with airways, and also a broken lung and a broken rib. Due to injuries he was put into a pharmacological coma – doctors woke him up two weeks ago.
Tomasz J. charged with imprisonment of at least 8 years, 25 years imprisonment or life imprisonment