- According to the available police data, 12 people were injured. Among those who were transported to hospitals were four children, two drivers and a carer
- A spokeswoman for the Silesian Voivodeship, Alina Kucharzewska, said that a total of 52 people took part in the event (apart from buses, a passenger car was involved in the collision).
- – The police officers’ preliminary results show that the bus driver had taken ul. Górnicza did not give priority to the driver who drove properly ̵
Junior aspirant Joanna Wiącek-Głowacz from the police in Kłobuck reported that two coaches collided at around 3:20 p.m. at the intersection of Tysiąclecia (provincial road 494) and Górnicza.
School children rode both buses. In one of them, 46 people drove down Voivodeship Road from Olesno towards the center of Panek: 42 children, 1 driver and 3 carers. In the second bus leaving ul. Górnicza, there were 5 people: 3 children, 1 driver and 1 guardian.
– The police officers’ preliminary results show that the bus driver had taken ul. Górnicza did not give priority to the driver who drove properly, who drove along the Ul. Millennium – said the policewoman.
According to the police data, she pointed out, 12 people were injured: seven of them were taken to hospitals in Częstochowa for further diagnosis; five were stamped on the spot. Among those rushed to hospitals were four children, two drivers, and a carer.
– Perhaps these people will subsequently be hospitalized, but we do not have any such information yet. We also currently have no information that any of these people are life threatening. The other five injured – with superficial injuries – left the ambulance after treatment, Wiącek-Głowacz said.
A spokeswoman for the Silesian Voivodeship, Alina Kucharzewska, said that both coaches were carrying children from the same primary school in nearby Zwierzyniec in the Opatów municipality. One of them was probably the children coming back from the trip, the other – they went to the swimming pool.
According to Kucharzewska, a total of 52 people attended this event (apart from buses, a passenger car was involved in the collision). The voivod spokeswoman said eight people were hospitalized, including one of the drivers trapped in the vehicle – the bus had to be cut open.
– The man was taken to hospital in severe condition. The injured children are in good shape with fewer injuries. A total of five medical teams and four LPR helicopters were ordered – reported Kucharzewska.
The remaining children were taken to the local volunteer fire department headquarters. Among other things, at the scene of the accident, the Starost von Kłobuck and the headmistress of the elementary school in Zwierzyniec.
– Parents come to pick up the children and if the doctor decides they can go home they will be taken. We also offered the help of a psychologist – stated the voivod’s spokeswoman.
The police will then conduct activities, including with the participation of the drivers of both coaches after the completion of their most urgent medical interventions.
Do you have an interesting topic? Write us a letter!