قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Poland / The search in the Great Snow Cave is over. "Safety of the rescuers comes first"

The search in the Great Snow Cave is over. "Safety of the rescuers comes first"



The head of TOPR announced the end of the search campaign in the Great Snow Cave. Last night, the body of one of the two speleologists was found.

The corpse of one of the two speleologists missing in the Great Snow Cave was found Thursday night by TOPR rescuer Krzysztof Długopolski. Read more

Right now we are moving to an action that aims to reach and extract bodies. This is no longer an urgent matter, the safety of the rescuers is definitely paramount, and today we will work out a plan, but without haste. This reaching and pulling out of bodies will spread over time, and from the evaluation of colleagues who are underground, we have the information that we should extract these bodies for the right amount of work. These are days and weeks – said the head of TOPR. We are pulling back the last group of rescue workers – he added.

The search campaign in the Great Snow Cave lasted from Saturday. In the exploration of previously unknown corridors in the so-called Przemek Many, two speleologists were cut off from the water that flooded part of the corridor. Their comrades were able to leave the cave and notify the rescuers of the TOPR.

The rescuers of the TOPR, with the help of their Slovak colleagues from the Horska-West Service, dug a small corridor with explosives piece by piece. As TOPR boss Jan Krzysztof said, searching in such extreme conditions was extremely difficult and complicated.


Source link