Making a turkey can be intimidating, but anyone can do it with the right tools!
The New Orleans-style fast food chicken chain is taking pre-orders for their Cajun turkeys at participating restaurants across the country while supplies last. Prices start at $ 39.99 and can be pre-ordered by calling or visiting local restaurants.
“The Cajun Style Turkey is hand rubbed and spiced with savory Louisiana-style spices. It’s pre-cooked. All you have to do is just heat it, serve and enjoy,” Popeyes said in a statement to USA TODAY .
For those who do not want to cook this year, the side dishes can also be pre-ordered à la carte. One that will be popular for Thanksgiving is mashed potatoes and gravy.
Halloween 2020: Chipotle is turning the Boorito Halloween promotion into a digital deal amid the coronavirus. Here’s how to get the deal
Play with your food ?: Kraft Heinz and Big G Creative are now selling a new variety play package at Target
The turkeys can usually be ordered in advance through Thanksgiving, and consumers can choose their pick-up date. The stock is limited.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Thanksgiving is expected to look different for many families this year. The nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases, Dr. Anthony Fauci, advises Americans to skip any big Thanksgiving plans.
Speaking to CBS Evening News last week, Fauci warned not to gather indoors with large groups of guests outside of town. “It’s unfortunate because this is such a sacred part of American tradition – the family that gathers Thanksgiving,” he said. ” But that’s a risk. «
In the guidelines for the fall break, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention placed “shopping in crowded stores just before, on or after Thanksgiving” on a list of higher risk activities to avoid. Walmart is among the retailers changing their Black Friday sales to cut down on crowd under COVID-19.
Popeye’s cooking guide
Here are Popeyes’ cooking instructions for preparing the turkey Cajun style:
- Thaw 48 to 72 hours in the refrigerator or 10 to 12 hours in cold water (change the water every hour). Popeyes says, “DO NOT thaw at room temperature. Always leave in sealed plastic during thawing.”
- Preheat the conventional oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove all packaging and reserve the juices.
- In a large frying pan, place the turkey on a rack and pour the juices into the pan.
- Heat uncovered on the lower rack in the oven for 2 to 2.5 hours and until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit, measured with a meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the breast meat (without touching the bone).
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Save pan drops for the sauce if desired.
Featuring: Adrianna Rodriguez, USA TODAY
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/10/18/popeyes-thanksgiving-turkey-cajun-style-coronavirus-holiday/3702472001/