British Prince Philip apologized to a woman who had been injured when the car she drove collided with a Land Rover he was driving.
The 97-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II told the woman he was "deeply sorry" that she was injured in the January 17 th collision.
In the letter published in the Sunday Mirror, Philip said he was blinded by the sun when he entered a street near the royal retreat in Sandringham in the east of England.
PRINCE PHILIP AUTO ACCIDENT VICTIM TELLS THAT HE AND QUEEN ELIZABETH NEVER WAS DISCLOSED THEMSELVES TO CRASH
"I can only imagine that I do not see the car could, and I am very chaste about the consequences. "
Philip was unhurt, although his car overturned. He was not charged with a violation and continues driving.
A few days after the accident, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II was photographed driving without a seat belt after a car accident.
PRINCE PHILIP SPOTTED DRIVING WITHOUT SEATBELT TWO DAYS AFTER CAR ACCIDENT
The Norfolk police said at the time that "the driver had been given appropriate advice" after photos surfaced were the 97-year-old Land Rover near the royal residence in Sandringham, where he and the queen were in a long Christmas break.
"This is in line with our standard response when one becomes aware of such images showing this type of offense," a police spokeswoman said
Philip has withdrawn from many traditional royal duties in recent years, but has remained in generally good health. He was photographed in a horse-drawn carriage in December.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.