Two days after Prince Philip was involved in a car accident in which two women were injured and a debate started over older drivers in the UK, the police warned him after being photographed in another vehicle on Saturday – this time without Seat Belt
British news agencies published a photograph of the 97-year-old Duke behind the wheel of a Land Rover in front of the Sandringham Estate, a private property of the royal family in Norfolk County, eastern England.
The police informed with officers had turned to the driver.
"The driver has been given appropriate advice," a spokeswoman for Norfolk police said in a statement on Sunday. She added that it is a standard policy when "such images are made aware of or receive such images".
Prince Philip's former Land Rover struck after hitting a Kia minivan on the A149 on Thursday afternoon. which runs along the Norfolk coast. Ms. Fairweather and a nine-month-old boy were passengers in the minivan driven by another woman who was also injured. The boy was unhurt after the crash.
"I'm fortunate to be alive, and he has not even apologized," quoted Ms. Fairweather Prince Philip in an interview.
Buckingham Palace has said Ms. Fairweather argued that the message she received on Friday was not supportive and came not from a royal but from a liaison officer of the police family
"He said," The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be reminded of you, "she told The Mirror." This is no excuse or desire. "
Fairweather, photographed with his arm in a noose, also denied the duke's allegation that he was was led off the road because the sun blinded him for a short time.
She said she did not remember that it was sunny.
I do not see how that could be true when it's overcast, " she said.
Fairweather could not be reached immediately for a comment on Sunday.
One day after the crash, the Norfolk legislature dropped the speed limit on A149 from 60 to 50 miles per hour. The move was planned before the crash In the last seven years there were 40 accidents on this road.
Prince Philip, who was reported on the news that he had been shaken but not injured in the crash, was on medical examination on Friday as a precautionary measure.
On Sunday, the Sunday Times told Norfolk police weighed charges against the Duke in connection with the collision, which could lead to the voluntary surrender of his license. But that seems an unlikely result.