قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Sports / Ravens sign WR Floyd; agree with the conditions with Ray

Ravens sign WR Floyd; agree with the conditions with Ray



OWINGS MILLS, Md. – The Baltimore Ravens continued a buzzing second wave of free-hand business and made deals on Friday with two former first-round picks in pass rusher Shane Ray and wide receiver Michael Floyd.

Floyd signed The Team Friday was announced. Ray's deal is still pending, a source told ESPN. It is expected that both contracts will last for one year. This happened one day after the Ravens brought back Pernell McPhee to help last year's top-ranked defense reach quarterback. Before adding Ray and McPhee, Matthew Judon (19) was the only player on the Ravens squad who had more than seven career sacks.

1 Related

Floyd will be competing with an extremely young, broad receiver group who only had three wideouts who had caught an NFL pass. The 29-year-old Floyd, the 13th overall participant in the Draft 2012, is in his fifth team in as many years.

Last season he had 10 catches for 100 yards and a touchdown for Washington.

The Ravens Za & # 39; s Darius Smith and Terrell Suggs, their two top bag-leaders, have lost over the vacant agency in this off-season. Baltimore had shown interest in Justin Houston and Ezekiel Ansah before signing elsewhere.

Ray's time with the Broncos, who began with such a promise, ended with a sour tone as he was the season's 2018 season for the last three games of an inactive game.

He played just 33 percent last season the defensive snaps of the Broncos and ended with a sack. That was the time after 2017, when Ray had three wrist surgeries after eleven games before he got an injured reserve.

Ray, who turned 26 on Saturday, had only 26 tackles and two sacks in 19 games in the last two seasons.

His professional life changed dramatically when Denver designed Bradley Chubb in 2018 as the overall winner. Chubb was quickly put into the starting defense in the training camp opposite Miller, and there were only a few snapshots left.

"I still have a lot of football in me," Ray said after the season. "I think part of my best football is still in front of me."

Ray, who was voted 23 times in the first round in 2015, has to prove whether these wrist operations robbed him of his abilities in 2016, when he had 48 tackles and eight sacks in part time service. After this season, he should team up with Miller as the best pass-rushing tandem Broncos after the resignation of DeMarcus Ware.

Jeff Legwold of ESPN contributed to this report.


Source link