MLB The Show 18 Update 1.05 is now available, and it was intended to fix some of the online issues players had. In addition to the slightly increased pitch speed in all modes, the update also fixes a nasty bug that resulted in incorrect basic double calls. There's also a change in the Conquest map and some Road to the Show improvements.
See MLB The Show 1
- Slight increases increase speed across all game modes.
- Field animation adjustments to the user-controlled fielder to catch more balls just outside the ball marker.
- Fixed an inaccurate basic double call specific to the Bullpen areas of NYY Stadium
- Fixes several online soft-locks in the game caused by both users being in the same game Pause moment or call up quick menus.
- Fixed a crash with the button
- Improved map visibility in Conquest mode
Offline specific enhancements:
- RTTS training attribute adjustments to ensure that pitchers receive training points and correct them to secondary pitch types to distribute.
- Stabilization of selected online and offline UI menus in which users were given a soft lock after certain time-specific menu navigation
- Various other minor fixes and adjustments during gameplay
For more information on the new baseball game releases, check out our MLB The Show 18 report. Here's an excerpt from what I had to say:
It's a pity that MLB The Show 18 came out in its present state. Almost everything about the game, from the difficulty to the fact that every part of the baseball feels dynamic, is handled brilliantly and is the result of years of hard work. This amount of polish makes it all the more shocking that Sony has failed to get online working after so many iterations of this annual series. It may be the best baseball game ever, but it has to come with a huge star at the moment.
MLB The Show 18 Update 1.05 is now available.