The owner of Ragú remembers some of his jars of pasta sauce as they might contain plastic fragments the company with.
Mizkan America announced on Saturday that there are no reports of injuries or complaints, and voluntarily initiated the recall from "caution".
Affected products are:
- 45 ounce tomatoes, garlic and onions, with a best before date on 6 June 2020
- 66 ounce tomatoes, garlic and onions, with a best before date of 5 June 2020
- 19659007] 66-ounce tomato, garlic and onion, with June 6, 2020, best-before date
- 66-ounce old-world style traditional, with a June 4, 2020, best-before date
- 66-ounce Old- World-Style Meat, with a June 5, 2020, Expiration Date
The sauces produced earlier this month were distributed nationwide, the company said.
"Consumers who bought them It is strongly recommended that you do not consume the products. These products should be thrown away or returned to the point of sale for reimbursement, "says a separate announcement from the Publix food chain.
Customers can also contact Mizkan America for a replacement coupon and pick up all the sauces for further review, the company said.
Mizkan America of Mt. Prospect, Illinois, is a subsidiary of Mizkan, a Handa, Japan-based food company specializing in vinegars, sauces, mustard and dressings. The Mizkan Group acquired Ragú and Bertolli in 2014 for $ 2.15 billion. All rights reserved.