Last week, nearly 25,000 pounds of beef were recalled after food inspectors found it "unfit for human consumption." The raw meat products manufactured and packaged by American Beef Packers, Inc. of California on August 21 were in the process of being inspected by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) when a carcass sample was falsely released before the test results were received.
ROOSTER PECKED WOMAN TO DEATH IN & # 39; FREAK & # 39; ATTACK, REPORT SAYS
The carcass was then processed into raw, intact and non-intact beef products, triggering the FSIS recall on 31st August. Affected articles are:
- Combination containers for bulk packs with the content "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF CHUCKS" with batches No. 1
- Combination containers for bulk packs with the content "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF "with the LOS NO. No. 110 and BIN No. 81, BIN No. 82 and BIN No. 83.
- Combination bulk container having the content "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF" with the LOT no. No. 25-110 and BIN No. 84 and LOT No. 110 and BIN No. 88.
- Cases containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 8/10 # 1" with the codes BT190821-1178, BT190821-1185, BT190821- 1188, BT190821-1190 and BT190821-1194.
- 66.2-lb. Box of "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP # 1" with code BT190821-1186.
- Combination container with "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF SIRLOINS" with LOT no. 24-110 and BIN No. 80.
- Cases of "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TERDERLOIN 4 UP" with the codes BT190821-1160, BT190821-1161, BT190821-1162, BT190821-1163, BT190821-1167, BT190821-1168, BT190821 – 1169 and BT190821-1170.
- Crates of "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP" with codes BT190821-1187 and BT190821-1192.
- Boxes with "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TENDERLOIN 3/4" with the codes BT190821-1155, BT190821-1157, BT190821-1171, BT190821-1200, BT190821-1201, BT190821-1202, BT190821-1203, BT190821-1204 and BT190821 -1205. Boxes with the inscription "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS DESC: BEEF FOR FORTHER PROCESSING 75/25" with the lot code 08347412719.
The products were marked with the serial number "EST. 34741 "and were shipped to federal agencies in California and Oregon.
According to the FSIS, there are no reports of side effects, but there is concern that consumers will store the product in their freezers. Those who have purchased affected products will be required to dispose of them or return to the point of sale for reimbursement.
CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS APP
The recall was classified as Class II Use of the product may have harmful consequences.