The Boston Red Sox start JD Martinez in the left field and put Andrew Benintendi on the bench as the World Series moves to Dodger Stadium on Friday night.
Martinez injured his ankle in Game 1 and looked limping out during Game 2, but is still in fourth place and playing in the postseason for the first time in the postseason after being previously named Boston's designated hitter.
No team in history has come back from a 3-0 classic deficit case. If Boston beats rookie Walker Buehler & Co. in Game 3, well … good night and good luck, Los Angeles.
Martinez led the American League with 130 RBIs in the regular season and was second in the field average (1965). .330) and home runs (43). He beats .333 with 13 RBIs in the playoffs.
Benintendi, shooting .283 in the postseason, went 4-for-5 in Game 1 against the Dodgers, but 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in Game 2. Deciding to sit Benintendi allowed the Red Sox ALCS MVP Jackie Bradley Jr. in midfield and leadoff man Mookie Betts in right.
Remarkable lineup changes for Game 3 of the World Series:
– Benintendi sits for the first time stoppage
– Martinez launches for the 1st time since September 4
– Grandal launches for the 1st time since NLCS -Play 3
– Pederson, Muncy, Bellinger launch for the first time in this series pic .twitter.com / kBhZMwuW6y
– ESPN Statistics & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 26, 2018  Shortstop Xander Bogaerts will move to second place from Benintendi, followed by first baseman Mitch Moreland and Martinez. Second baseman Brock Holt will make his first appearance in the World Series, finishing fifth and replacing Ian Kinsler, who was 1-7 in Fenway Park.
Following the loss of the first two World Series games in Boston, the Dodgers will star Joc Pederson, Cody Bellinger and Max Muncy and left-hander Yasmani Grandal against Rick Porcello of Red Sox.
Law breakers Brian Dozier, David Freese, Enrique Hernandez and Austin Barnes, who all started the first two games against Red Sox, left Chris Sale and David Price.
Red Sox Manager Alex Cora also said Nathan Eovaldi was "planned" to start Game 4 on Saturday. The right-handed player could also be used from the Bullpen in Game 3 if needed.
Eovaldi, who scored a perfect eighth-note innings in each of the first two games, then confirmed that he would not start Game 4 if he played in Game 3.