April 19, 2018, Anaheim, California, USA, Boston Red Sox-designed thug Hanley Ramirez (13) is greeted by right-fielder Mookie Betts (50) and third baseman Rafael Devers (11) after beating the game in the fourth inning The Los Angeles Angels at the Angel Stadium of Anaheim Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
"data_media_file =" https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41.jpg?w=300 "data-large-file =" https: //nesncom.files .wordpress .com / 2018/04 / hanley-ramirez-41.jpg? w = 800 "data lazy-src =" https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41. jpg? w = 640 "Data lazy-srcset =" https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41.jpg?w=640 640w, https: //nesncom.files. wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41.jpg?w=150 150w, https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41.jpg?w=300 300w, https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41.jpg?w=768 768w, https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41 .jpg 800w "Data lazy sizes =" (max-width: 640px) 100vw, 640px "/>
April 19, 2018, Anaheim, California, USA, Boston Red Sox designed batsman Hanley Ramirez (13) is greeted by right-fielder Mookie Betts (50) and third baseman Rafael Devers (11), after being in the fourth inning of the game against the Los Angeles Angels at Angel Stadium of Anaheim Obligatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
"data_media_file =" https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/hanley-ramirez-41.jpg?w=300 "data-large-file =" https: //nesncom.files .wordpress .com / 2018/04 / hanley-ramirez-41.jpg? w = 800 "/>
Mark it seven, old man.
The Boston Red Sox have come to Los Angeles after four wins in a row, and the Angels are happy to see the Sox leave the city after Boston's three-game run on Thursday and the Angels beat 8: 2 Angel Stadium has surpassed.
Boston continued the long ball in the final of the series when Mookie Betts and Andrew Benintendi of Angels starter Nick Tropeano pulled away. Rafael Devers (two RBI), JD Martinez (3-for-4 RBI, two runs) and Mitch Moreland (RBI) also contributed to the offensive performance while Eduardo Rodriguez threw six innings with three goals for his second win of the year.
Victory improves the Red Sox to 16-2, while the Angels drop to 13-6.
Here's how everything collapsed:
GAME IN ONE WORD
The series was not close when the Sox surpassed the Angels 27-3 in a three-game sweep.
ON THE PUSH
– Rodriguez turned on his second straight quality start. The left-hander was impressive from first place and kept the Angels at bay with a good fastball command and a devastating change that helped him register 20 danglers.
LA tied the game in the second inning when Zack Cozart furnished Andrelton Simmons with a two-out RBI single to the left field. And the Angels returned to Rodriguez in the fifth inning, as former Red Sox outsider Chris Young beat 3-2 on the left midfield wall.
– Heath Hembree threw a goalless seventh inning.
– Carson Smith recorded a 1-2-3 eighth.
– Joe Kelly finished the race by setting a nil in the ninth.
IN THE BATTER'S BOX
– For the third consecutive year, the Red Sox met in the first inning. In a moment Deja Vu, Betts cleared a high fastball from Tropeano and sent him deep over the fence of the left field for a start home.
– Boston retook the lead in the fourth inning. After Hanley Ramirez was chased away from the inning with a walk, Martinez chased him home with double to left field. Two batters later, Devers pulled a single right-field to plate Martinez and make it 3-1 Sox.
– The Sox's power display continued in the sixth inning when Andrew Benintendi hit a solo home run to the right field to make it Boston 4-2. It was his first home race of the season. The Red Sox made another run in the inning when Devers hit a RBI single in the middle and hit Martinez.
– Moreland boosts Boston's lead over four with a sacrificial fly in the eighth inning.
– The Red Sox added some insurance runs in the ninth. Benintendi drove in Brock Holt and Betts with a two-run single by Noe Ramirez.
– Devers went 3-for-3 with two RBI.
– Benintendi went 2-for-5 with a home run and three RBI.
– Christian Vazquez and Eduardo Nunez were both hitless for Boston.
TWEET OF NIGHT
Benny is on the board.
The Red Sox will travel to Oakland on Friday night to compete in athletics. Drew Pomeranz will make his seasonal debut for Boston while the A & # 39; s will face Kendall Graveman. First place is scheduled for 10:05.