قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Sports / Rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin now unlikely as NSAC files complaint

Rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin now unlikely as NSAC files complaint



Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Bob Bennett has filed a formal lawsuit against Canelo Alvarez for doping violations

The lawsuit, published on Thursday and published on Thursday, is closing the deal, Alvarez & # 39 ;. United Remanufactured Gennady Golovkin, who will host a major HBO PPV competition at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on May 5, is canceled. It is extremely rare for the Commission to file a lawsuit against a fighter for doping violations, leaving the fighter unpunished.

Alvarez was tested twice in a randomized urine test conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Commission for the banned performance-enhancing agent Clenbuterol. Doping Association in his hometown of Guadalajara, Mexico, on February 1

7 and February 20.

Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez ended their middleweight title fight in September with a controversial draw. Ethan Miller / Getty Images

The commission imposed a temporary suspension on Alvarez last week, demanding that he appear on the case on April 10 at a hearing, either in person or by phone. Alvarez and his legal department would be able to explain the failed tests to the five-member commission. The Commission would then vote on whether the fight could continue or whether Alvarez would extend its suspension.

However, with the filing of the formal complaint, Bennett Alvarez's hearing made part of the Commission's regularly scheduled monthly meeting on April 18, just two weeks before the Combat, which makes it virtually certain that the fight is not over will continue as planned.

"After I finished my investigation, I decided to file a lawsuit against Mr. Alvarez. A Disciplinary Hearing at the Commission's regular meeting on 18 April," Bennett said. However, Bennett told ESPN on Thursday that if Alvarez still wanted his hearing on April 10, the commission would take him up.

Because clenbuterol is considered a banned anabolic drug, Alvarez must receive at least a one-year suspension for a first-time criminal offense under the Commission's doping rules and regulations, which were passed in September 2016. The Commission could even delay it for longer, but its rules could also cut any suspension by 50% – six months – if it works with the Commission.

Any suspension will be made retroactively on the date of the first positive test, meaning if Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs), 27, of Mexico, receives a one-year suspension, but cooperates with the commission and has it on cut six months, he would be eligible to box again August 17. Last September, Golovkin, who thought most of the time, was postponed for the Mexican Independence Day weekend in mid-September.

If Alvarez is suspended, Bennett said that there would be no fine, because there is no such thing as a combat purse from which to punish him. Alvarez "could, however, take over the cost of lawyers' fees of the state." Alvarez claims that his positive test results are due to the fact that he had eaten contaminated beef in Mexico, where this has been a continuing problem for athletes. Farmers in Mexico often include clenbuterol, which is banned in the United States for agricultural use, in livestock feed because it helps to reduce fat and increase muscle mass.

However, the Nevada Commission rules are clear and one of the meaningful lines In the eight-sided complaint against Alvarez states: "Alvarez's use, ingestion and / or consumption of Clenbuterol, whether intended or not, constitutes an anti-doping By his administration or use of Clenbuterol and / or by the approval of Clenbuterol his system, Alvarez in behavior that reflected discredit to unarmed combat, and he is guilty of bad or unsportsmanlike conduct that was detrimental to a competition.

In another significant sign of how unlikely the fight is to proceed as planned, MGM Resorts International, the owner of the T-Mobile Arena, has begun offering a full refund to ticket buyers as the fight is likely to be canceled.

Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs), 35, a Kazakh native who fights out of Santa Monica, California, who has been critical of Alvarez and accused him last week, purposely trained PEDs for the rematch as well as in Preparing to use the first fight – for which he never failed a test – hopes to fight on May 5 in the T-Mobile Arena yet.

Time is running out for replacements, let alone talks to be held between Golovkin promoters, Tom Löffler and HBO, who are unlikely to make progress with a pay-per-view event against lesser opponents.

Loeffler said that everything is in the air.

"We're waiting for the official decision from the commission, but GGG is training and preparing for May 5 and that's what he wants to do – fight May 5," said Loeffler ESPN. "Of course, Canelo has the highest priority and if Canelo is unavailable for some reason, we have to weigh all the options, but right now we're waiting for more instructions from the Commission." [196592002] A possible substitute opponent is outsider Gary "Spike" O & # 39; sullivan (27-2, 19 KOs), 33, of Ireland, who is likely to fight on May 4 on Golden Boy's ESPN card in Las Vegas would. Wen Golovkin's next fight would be to tie him a win with Bernard Hopkins for the most consecutive middleweight title defeat in the history of boxing at 20.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *