Logitech will launch its Harmony Express remote in just a few weeks after barely a full year on the market. But don̵
This time, Logitech doesn’t just stop software updates. Oh no. It switches off everything Harmony Press out remote controls permanently. There’s no way to avoid this, although customers can continue to use their Harmony Express before it stops working on September 30, 2020.
Logitech says it is unsatisfied with the performance of the Harmony Express remote and decided to stop using the remote control and bring out an updated version – the Harmony Elite remote control – in its place. The Elite includes both voice controls and simple buttons instead of the Harmony Express’ voice-only option.
However, Harmony Express customers are not left behind. The company offers users the choice of a free upgrade to the Harmony Elite remote control or a full refund equal to the Harmony Express retail price. Offers can be redeemed until December 31, 2020, regardless of when you bought your Harmony Express.
To upgrade, you’ll need to install the Harmony app on your iPhone or Android device if you haven’t already. Then follow these instructions from Logitech’s official support site::
- Launch the app and tap “Got it” to continueis a reminder of the end of service announcement.
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the home screen. Choose “Upgrade or Refund”. Your Harmony Express must be connected and connected to the app.
- Enter your details and choose your compensation option for a Harmony Elite upgrade or a refund of your purchase price.
- After submitting your data, you will be contacted by email for further verification or confirmation.
- You may need to submit a copy of your proof of purchase.
- You may need to return your Harmony Express product to Logitech.
- You can redeem your upgrade or refund until December 31, 2020.