WASHINGTON, June 9 – The Chinese government has convened top technology companies this week, warning them of the consequences of suspending technology sales in the country, US media reported yesterday.
The meeting followed US President Donald Trump's meeting Last month, Chinese technology giant Huawei was blacklisted on national security concerns, jeopardizing the company's global ambitions and accelerating the months-long trade battle between the two countries.
Earlier this week, the Chinese government had executives from American companies Dell and Samsung, among others, Microsoft and South Korea warned them that any steps to shut down their business in China could lead to retaliation, the New York Times reported .
American companies were told "that Trump's attempt by the government to cut off Chinese companies from American technology had disrupted the global supply chain and led to companies that followed this policy that could have permanent consequences." the newspaper.
Non-US corporations were told that they would not be punished as long as they maintained the business as usual, the newspaper reported.
Last Friday, Facebook announced that Huwaei would be cut off from its popular social media app to comply with US sanctions to further isolate the company, which has become the world's second-largest smartphone provider.
Google announces a similar announcement in May The US ended without an agreement, and US President Donald Trump imposed duties on Chinese goods worth $ 200 billion (RMB829.6 billion).
Beijing received its own toll on US goods worth billions of US dollars.
The US initiative to shut down Huawei from American hardware came next, but was delayed by 90 days to prevent economic disruption. – AFP