Speculating about the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a popular hobby for many fans, perhaps just behind watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors that have been fought out by the pro-wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that – rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it is only disseminated in the rumor mill of Pro Wrestling. We're tracking the rumor precision in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back, which you can find here. Remember, take everything with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per John Pollock planned Asuka against Becky Lynch for Royal Rumble and was due to be announced at SmackDown, but WWE decided to re-evaluate the card.
- After this was said, the game could still take place and would simply be announced at a later date.
- Velveteen Dream may have been in hot water when he asked the fans to tell WWE that he was not called to be rejected by the poll, according to the observer.
- According to PW Insider, the deal between Anthem and Pursuit HD is not an exclusive deal for Impact Wrestling. They are still looking for a bigger deal elsewhere, they just wanted to have a TV at home until they found it.
- They also say that they have moved from Pop because this network is undergoing a renaming process and Impact wanted to leave its own position before being expelled.
If you've heard of interesting rumors you'd like to add, you're welcome to post them in the comments below. Remember that these are rumors that are not confirmed as facts. Take it as such. Have fun with it. And check our Weekly Rumor Look Back to see how often rumors turn out to be right!