Rwanda rejects Ebola threat
Authorities in Rwanda reported on Thursday reports that the fishmonger responsible for Uganda's re-Ebola surveillance had entered the border town of Gisenyi.
"So far there is no Ebola in Rwanda worried. We have a strong surveillance system that helps prevent the intrusion, "said Malic Kayumba, Head of Communications at The Rwanda Biomedical Center opposite The EastAfrican.
& # 39; & # 39; We examine every day and have a system that lets us know everything we need to know, and such messages would come from us. If a suspected Ebola victim had invaded, we would have known.
There have been reports from the Word Health Organization ( WHO ) that the fishmonger, who had surrendered to a popular market in Uganda's border town Mpondwe, could also have done business in Rwanda before moving on DRC returned where she died.
The WHO has since withdrawn the reports reportedly published without knowledge of WHO headquarters in Geneva.
"Two situation reports … incorrectly contained unverified information," a statement by the WHO on late Thursday said with reports or mention Rwanda, which is on high alert after a pastor in the Congolese border town of Goma has died.
With more than 1
Rwanda has never had a registered Ebola case and has over 23,000 medical personnel, policemen and volunteers trained in the fight against Ebola to fight outbreaks.
Uganda again on Ebola alarm
The World Health Organization ( WHO ) will work with Ugandan authorities to vaccinate about 590 fishmongers on the Mpondwe market after discovering such a market vomiting on the Ugandan Market on July 11, before she died in the Democratic Republic of Congo ( DRC ).
"The surveillance teams found that she had four episodes of vomiting the day she was in the country. "Read a part of a joint statement on Wednesday.
" "We still need to detect the movements of the woman, or who has transported her or her goods," she added.
On July 12, the merchant traveled to Beni in DRC and was admitted to the Beni-Ebola treatment center on July 13. She died on July 15 after positive Ebola tests.
The Ministry of Health and WHO appeal to all Ugandans to remain vigilant and vigilant. Avoid shaking hands, hugging, rallies, and watching for infection, prevention, and control practices such as hand washing with soap and clean water, both in health facilities and in communities. The statement was continued WHO for curbing the spread of the virus after the death of two people at Ebola in the West Ugandan district of Kasese.
Since then, no further cases of Ebola have been reported in Uganda and the authorities have repeated this on Wednesday. There is no confirmed case of Ebola virus disease in the district of Kasese or any other part of Uganda.
The WHO, which declared the Ebola outbreak in Congo as an international health emergency, has warned the nearby countries of Rwanda, southern Sudan, Burundi and Uganda are the most vulnerable, while the Central African Republic, Angola, Tanzania, the Republic Congo and Zambia are in a second stage countries that do not close borders or restrict trade. The Ugandan authorities confirmed that all places of economic and social interaction in Uganda, such as national parks and tourist attractions, are open and open to the public.
Since November 2018, more than 6,000 people have been vaccinated in Uganda.