INGLEWOOD, California – Ryan Bader is now the first man in Bellator history to simultaneously feature titles in two divisions following a devastating end to Fedor Emelianenko Today's Bellator 214 show at the Forum in Inglewood, California. It was aired on Paramount and streamed to DAZN following preparations for MMAjunkie.
Emelianenko (38-6 MMA, 2-2 BMMA) quickly got into the center of the fight at the beginning of the game, his right hand is tense and ready to shoot. Bader was slightly on his feet, moving in and out of reach, waiting for an attack.
When this moment came, Bader (27-5 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) leapt forward with a devastating left hand sent Emelianenko to the ground. While the fight was essentially finished with the first shot, Bader finished a pinpoint right hand and a few subsequent hammerfists before referee Mike Beltran could intervene at the 35-second mark of the opening round.
Just like that, history was made.
Recent results of Bellator 21
- Thor Skancke def. Jesse Merrit by submission (North-South choke) – Round 1, 4:26
- Jesse Roberts def. A.J. Agazarm via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Weber Almeida def. Odan Chinchilla over TKO (punch) – Round 1, 3:04
- Art Rivas def. Sean Johnson defeated by TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:30
- Jay Jay Wilson. Tyler Beneke by Template (Naked Choke) – Round 1, 1:31
- Ryan Lilley bezw. James Barnes on Knockout – Round 1, 1:30
- Craig Plaskett defeated. Ian Butler by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Desmond Torres def. Steve Ramirez via Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) – Round 1, 4:21
For complete coverage of Bellator 214, see the MMA Events section of the site.