قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Saudi coalition admits errors in air attack that killed dozens in Yemen

Saudi coalition admits errors in air attack that killed dozens in Yemen



RIYADH – A coalition led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen on Saturday acknowledged that an air raid last month that killed dozens of people, including children traveling on a bus, was unjustified. 19659002] The rare concession came after growing international pressure, even from allies, to do more to limit civilian casualties in a 3½-year civil war in Yemen that killed more than 10,000 people and brought the already impoverished country to the brink of famine has driven.

The Western-backed alliance against Yemen's Iranian-oriented Houthi rebels said they had attacked rocket launchers attacking Saudi Arabia for a day after air raids on a market in Saadian province on 9 August earlier. The Alliance accused the Houthis of using children as human shields.

The Joint Incident Assessment Team, a commission set up by the coalition, said on Saturday that the strikes were based on information that suggested the bus was carrying Houthi's military target, but the delay in executing the strike and the receipt of a non-strike order should be further investigated.

"There was a marked delay in preparing the fighter at the right time and in the right place", which cost the coalition the chance to attack this bus as a military target on open ground to avoid such collateral damage, "the legal advisor said of the team, Mansour Ahmed al-Mansour, told reporters in the Saudi capital, Riyadh.

"Coalition forces should immediately review the application of their rules of engagement to ensure compliance," he added.

The coalition later announced that it accepted these results and pledged to anyone who pr

"The coalition forces' command of the Coalition expresses regret over the mistakes and speaks to the families of the victims of his compassion, condolences and his Solidarity, "said a statement by the Saudi news agency SPA

The coalition said it would coordinate with the Yemeni government to compensate the victims and review the rules of engagement to prevent such episodes in the future ,

The US military welcomed the decision and praised the move by the Coalition to take legal action to ensure accountability and improve procedures to prevent future tragedies.

Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White commented Saturday in a series of news on Twitter.


Source link