At the foot of a lake in Cyprus, a suitcase was found containing the remains of a woman who is believed to be one of seven victims of a suspected serial killer, officials say.
It is the fourth corpse found out in an investigation what was referred to as the island's first serial murder.
A Greek Cypriot officer confessed to having killed seven women and girls from abroad.
The authorities were accused of not having properly researched at this time.
The National Police confirmed this to the BBC A woman was found Sunday in a suitcase in an artificial lake in Mitsero, about 32 km west of the capital Nicosia.
- Cyprus is in a serial killer case
The police raided the police The area where the 35-year-old suspect told the investigators told the investigators that he had put the bodies of three of his victims in suitcases and into the poisonous red lake which is part of a now-defunct copper pyrite mine.
The body was in an advanced stage of decomposition when it was pulled out of the lake, according to police officers.
Tests are currently being conducted to confirm the identity of the woman.
The case was first uncovered earlier this month when the body of 38-year-old Marry Rose Tiburcio from the Philippines was found in a flooded shaft near the lake.
The discovery triggered a murder investigation that led to the arrest of the army official.
The body of a second wife, who is believed 28 years old, Arian Palanas Lozano, also from the Philippines, was found days later in the shaft.
The suspect initially denied the death of a third woman from the Philippines, Maricar Valtez Arquiola, 31, who has been missing since the end of 2017.
He then changed his testimony and confessed to the murder of seven women and girls in the last three years.
Following his arrest, the suspect investigator led him to a well in an army shooting range where the unknown body of a woman of Nepalese or Indian descent was discovered.
Marry Rose Tiburcio's six-year-old The old daughter, a Romanian mother and her young daughter, who has been missing since September 2016, are probably among the victims.
The authorities have come under fire because they did not take the cases seriously because the victims are of foreign origin.
The main opposition party has called on the police chief and the minister of justice to resign.
"An unprecedented indifference was simply shown because these people did not come from Cyprus but came from abroad," said AKEL leader Andros Kyprianou. 19659007] Doros Polycarpou, Director of Kisa, a migrant and refugee support group, told Reuters that Cyprus had a "two-tiered system" in which "some non-Cypriots do not have the same rights as natives".
The police have responded that a restrictive regulatory framework limits their ability to review things such as telephone records without a court order, which are issued only if a crime is punished with more than five years in prison.
They said that they will investigate the treatment of the case.