Well, it looks like the UFC will have a nice fight after today's UFC Fight Night 134 main event, but that's not going to happen.
After a brilliant win at UFC Fight Night 134, Anthony Smith (29-13 MMA, 6-3 UFC) again came up against everlasting challenger Alexander Gustafsson (18-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) in two weeks the UFC 227 in Los Angeles. However, several UFC officials told MMAjunkie that Gustafsson – who needed an opponent after the planned opponent Volkan Özdemir due to a broken bug – was also eliminated due to injury.
The nature of the injury was not revealed and a timetable for the return of Sweden was not established immediately. Moments Sports Management, which represents Gustafsson, issued an explanation to MMAjunkie.
"Alex Gustafsson is off with a slight injury from the UFC 227," the statement said. "The injury occurred last week and since then we have worked closely with the UFC doctors, our doctors in Sweden and the experts from the UFC Performance Institute, and we have been told that Alex has a minor injury and will not be allowed To compete at UFC 227. Had Alex been able to fight, we would have been willing to face (Khalil) Rountree or anyone else the UFC had asked us, including (Daniel) Cormier at heavyweight.
"Alex will fight again soon , He will briefly give his side of the story. We do not care who the opponent is. But whoever we see it should be for the meaningful result of the LHW UFC title. "
UFC 227 will take place on August 4 in the The main card appears on Pay-Per-View after runs on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
The current UFC 227 lineup includes:
- Champ TJ Dillshaw vs. Cody Garbrandt – for flyweight title  Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo – For Bantamweight Title
- JJ Aldrich vs. Polyana Viana
- Renato Moicano vs. Cub Swanson
- Benito Lopez vs. Ricky Simon
- Brett Johns vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Irene Aldana vs. Bethe Correia
- Kyung Ho Kang vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Danielle Taylor vs. Weili Zhang
- Sheymon Moraes vs. Matt Sayles
- Alex Perez vs. Jose Torres
- Wuliji Buren vs. Marlon Vera
- 59021] For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 134, check out the UFC Events section of the site