The Portland Timbers are led to their second MLS Cup in club history after beating Sporting Kansas City on Thursday at Children's Mercy Park in the return leg of the Western 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs Western Conference Championship Same score for the overall result.
The teams drew in the first game in Portland and Sporting appeared on December 8 after a dominant first half to reach the title game against Atlanta United. But the Timbers came back roaring in the second 45 years, and although Sporting had not given up, she could not find the deciding gate to finally book the ticket for the MLS Cup.
Sporting took the upper hand in 20 minutes, Daniel Salloi was once again in place for his team as Diego Rubio scored a cross over the goal and hit Timber's defender Zarek Valentin on the way to the net.
The home team scored two goals in the first half, but both were correctly deflected.
Portland set up the game and went into the series shortly after the break when Sebastian Blanco pulled off an evasive bang from 25 yards that amazed spectators and left Diego Valeri in disbelief.
But nine minutes later, Valeri himself became active as he battled for a ball that was pummeled by Jeremy Ebobisse. He beat Sporting goalkeeper Tim Melia, who headed into the net the Timbers a maj or lead in the series 2-1
Sporting kept hope alive when substitute Gerso Fernandes scored in the last ten minutes to end the game. Despite a nine-minute break in the second half, Portland continued to hold as Valeri overtook a counterattack in the 99th minute.
- 20 & # 39; – SKC – Daniel Salloi | CLOCK
- 52 & # 39; – POR – Sebastian Blanco | CLOCK
- 61 & # 39; – POR – Diego Valeri | CLOCK
- 81 & # 39; – SKC – Gerso Fernandes | CLOCK
- 99 & # 39; – POR – Diego Valeri | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE : This was a final before the MLS Cup, and Portland has done the job. For the starting position No. 5 Western Conference continues through the MLS Cup Playoffs. Sporting will obviously be disappointed with the outcome as the quest to complete the trophy case ends a game prematurely.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH : Valeri's first goal was the deciding goal in the game, but Blancos was another Pantheon Golazo in a MLS Cup playoff full of them.
- MAN OF THE GAME : Portland needed a spark, and Blanco made sure he scored the goal that turned the series, and also participated in the serial clincher.
- SKC : End of the season
- POR : MLS Cup | Saturday, December 8, in Atlanta United (8:00 PM ET | FOX, UniMás, TSN, TVAS)