New Delhi: In tribute to freedom, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel will pay tribute to his 143st birthday today "Statue of Unity", which at 182 meters is the highest in the world. The Statue of Sardar Patel, which is twice the size of the Statue of Liberty, was raised for Rs. 2,989 crore and is located in Gujarat, 3.2 km downstream from the Narmada Dam.
Here is your 10-point cheat sheet about the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's unit:
- At the opening ceremony, PM Modi Earth and Narmada Water will be " kalash " or "urn" pour out of the office of the Prime Minister said. PM Modi opened the project five years ago on October 31
- The statue depicts Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India's first Indian Minister of Interior, who wore a traditional dhoti and a scarf over the Narmada River. For the statue of Sardar Patel, also known as Iron Man of India, iron was collected from all over the country.
- The statue was designed by Padma Bhushan sculptor Ram V. Sutar and built by Larsen and Toubro. Sardar State Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd. In 33 months, about 250 engineers and 3,400 workers were built to build the statue.
- The Statue of Unity will be 177 feet higher than the current highest in the world, the Chinese Spring Temple Buddha in China's central Henan Province.
- The core of the statue is made of reinforced concrete, but the surface, which gives it a clear design, was created with 553 bronze plates – each plate has 10 to 15 microplates. The panels were cast and imported in a foundry in China, which led Congress President Rahul Gandhi repeatedly to target the government, claiming that the statue should be marked "Made in China".
- The panels were cast in cast in a foundry China following an international bidding process, as there is no such facility in India capable of producing panels of this size, officials said.
- The statue will have a viewing gallery at a height of 193 meters that can accommodate 200 visitors at the same time. This 153 meter high gallery overlooks the Sardar Sarovar dam, its reservoir and the Satpura and Vindhya mountain ranges.
- The structure will have a museum dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at the base, and two speeds The lifts take visitors to the gallery of spectators, from where they can see beyond the Narmada Embankment.
- After completion of the statue, the officials expect about 15,000 visitors daily.
- The museum will have over 40,000 documents, 2,000 photos and more will have a research center dedicated to Sardar Patel's life.
(With contributions from agencies)